Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

I think that sometimes these suckers get caught up in previous viewing and can’t extrapolate to a new session. Or they updated something and the old cookie isn’t compatible anymore. Gotta love tech.

2 Likes

@normalsandwich , @JaxCreation , @MiniMoxx , @DomiSotto

Think we found the possible issue, this time: clear cookies for wattpad. That’s the “common denominator”: in incognito mode–they must be updating code or something.

3 Likes

Got it working! Thank you!

2 Likes

This is what Im exactly feeling right now, exhausted and numb. I guess its just a phase after draining myself in the past months. Been outlining my sequel since June, started writing late July, started posting while editing early September, not to mention all the stress from my readers expectations and impatience. I just ticked it complete two days ago, and IM DONE. BONELESS.

I still have an epilogue and some bonus chapters to write but not gonna do it until I have my balance back, you know. Im just probably going to watch series since Im not a gamer :))
Thanks for sharing your experience!

2 Likes

My MC is impulsive, reckless, and spontaneous. I couldn’t write her naturally if it was planned thoroughly (Im a planner btw). So, when I ditched all the plan but kept the big outline, it worked perfectly! It turned out, I needed to write her character just as spontaneous as she was.

Good luck with the project!

2 Likes

Clearing my cookies didn’t do the trick, but I’m able to log in on incognito mode or via mobile, so no biggie. I’m sure they’ll fix it at some point.

1 Like

They say that if it’s not just the cookies for the site, you clear all cookies for the whole browser AND the cache:

This is how to get to firefox’s cache:

1. Click on the menu button Fx89menuButton to open the menu panel.
  2. Click History and select Clear Recent History….
  3. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything .
  4. Below the drop-down menu, select both Cookies and Cache . Make sure other items you want to keep are not selected.
  5. Click OK.

It’s good to clear history every once in a while.

1 Like

My brain with a new book idea: :grin: “I am great!”
Me, literally finished one book yesterday, working on chapter 5 of a new one, NaNoWriMo is JUST AROUND THE CORNER: :sob: “STOP. PLS.”
My hands: types out new idea and gives characters names and ages and gives it a title
My brain: :exploding_head:
Me: now not sure which book to write for NaNoWriMo

3 Likes

PLEASE DISCORD THIS TO ME I MUST KNOW I WILL SEE AFTER WORK :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I WILL!! XD

1 Like

ITS WAITING FOR YOU BUT IT IS A BRAIN FART OF AN IDEA RIGHT NOW :rofl:
But we know by the time you finish work I’ll have a cover, aesthetics and a blurb…
slaps wrist I WILL STOP MYSELF

4 Likes

If I couldn’t get my brain to shut it, I’d probably have a book finished by now. lmao

1 Like

:rofl: my brain works on overdrive at the moment, I swear :exploding_head:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad it ended up working out for you like that. Though it might’ve been stressful to drop the plan if you’re typically a hardcore planner :joy:

Thank you! I’ve been procrastinating all day on continuing tbh lol. My character is not typically impulsive, but he’s feeling kinda desperate rn so maybe it’ll have to do. I’m kind of hoping to finish this book before November xD so gotta push through it.

1 Like

You are so relatable :joy: I’m the same way whenever I come up with a new story idea!

1 Like

LITERALLY I will come up with the idea and literally within 24 hours I will have everything ready to start writing, even if I’m only just starting a new idea :rofl: I NEED TO STOP! XD

1 Like

That’s awesome! And it shows that you also speed through writing the books too :joy: considering how many completed ones you have on your WP profile.

My favorite part of writing is making my brainstorm and outline look pretty. Lol! Whenever I get an idea, after vomiting it down onto google docs, I go through and stylize it, make a book cover, tag line, aesthetics. It’s an absolute blast to do and I’m always proud of how it looks lol. Though then it’ll sit there for months, possibly years, before I gain the confidence to write the idea :joy: I think that’s where we differ!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: that’s how I roll with it. I’ve tried to stop myself writing a trillion books at once or I will just do it. :joy::grimacing: I’m so bad!!!

I really do. I tend to just spend so much time drafting. Then hate myself when I have like 6 books to edit and I’m trying to get it all done for wattys or whatever :eyes::eyes: lol. I hate it. But also really enjoy the process.

3 Likes

to clear a head cold write a novella :joy: should finish a dark fantasy Yaoi novella today or tomorrow. I couldn’t focus on my regular stuff, so went mad on a supernatural BL.

3 Likes

Oh oof yeah, that sounds so hard to keep track of! Editing multiple books at once, I mean. Wow.

2 Likes