Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

I figured you’d know the why of both.

1 Like

useful information :thinking:

thank u, resident russian madam.

canadian french or france french?

1 Like

Canadian derivative. Cajuns are from Acadia, some of kicked out went back to France for a couple generations, all pooling around New Orleans.

1 Like

oh new orleans french

the only acceptable form, carry on u-u

1 Like

Well, New Orleans French and Cajun French are slightly off each other, although they majorly intersect. For example, Creole gumbos have tomato, which means some New Orleans cooks do have it, but showing tomato in a gumbo to Cajuns tends to make them see red.

1 Like

Slice of life, keep focused Churro you can do it! :rage:

1 Like

too much french talk for one day, i must leave.

to somewhere with cajuns so i don’t have to worry about evil tomatoes in my gumbo.

1 Like

I want to say that things with my story is going great, but that would be a lie.

Anyway, my upper back near my shoulders is seriously aching. Yet, I have no IcyHot to relieve the pain.
I am so tired of this constant pain, this annoying chair, and the changes I keep making for my Tales of Alterra story.

maybe u should take a break. have a walk and a stretch?

1 Like

Thank you. I still would need a deep tissue massage though.
LOL!

1 Like

I’m noticing a theme here in my story. LOL!

My villain is named Phara (real name is Pharaoh).

My protagonist is named Faust (real name Faustina).

Interesting.

Dresser: Ress
Toilet=Oile
Latrine=Trine
Worcestershire=Stersh
Moustache=Ousta
Chesterfield=Terfiel
Rutabega=Utabe

But in seriousness, I do use the name Valen somewhere…which is Valentine.

1 Like

I like this one.

Just pretty much got blamed for my parents fighting and divorce, also just got derailed and insulted by my own family about always being in my room or being hypnotized by my phone. They keep saying I’m lazy and never do anything, and that I act like I don’t have friends. Now they’re going to keep treating me like a baby and now they’re gonna force me to meet people. All of this because I had a 77 and 79. The rest were A’s and B’s. I hate my life

1 Like

Always talking about me having no girlfriend either, how can things get any worse? I mean, I could try to talk to them but last time I did they just brushed it off and told me I had to grow thicker skin

1 Like

Tell you what, if you clean your room on your own and willingly, tell your parents, I am willing to trade, sight unseen. Because I swear, if I have to have one more conversation on this topic with my kid….

4 Likes

I am conflicted between these titles for my story.

Tales of Alterra:

Child of Rhak.

Daughter of Rust.

Crown and Key.

Arcane Truth.

That is all I got for now and these might be temporary.

2 Likes

I like Daughter of Rust. It is easy to understand and catchy.

1 Like

Oh really? Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Wait what? What’s sight unseen? And also, sorry about your child thinking that way.

1 Like