Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

thirsty and not thirsty :eyes:

Recently challenged myself to write a slice-of-life story and have been having a lot of fun with it. I generally write intense, complicated stories, so easing up a bit helps.

Also have been watching/reading a lot of slice of life as well. Studio Ghibli is so pure. I wish to capture the emotion (and wholesomeness) they do.

Coming up with a plot that’s only kind of a plot (as slice of life revolves around character growth) has been a challenge, though. Still having a little trouble with that, but I think things are coming together!!

2 Likes

I haven’t had motivation to write since yesterday

1 Like

I’m tired by being on my feet all morning, and part of the afternoon. I am working on my 5th chapter.

Rookie numbers I say. I haven’t had the motivation to write in well over a year.

I’m sad from what happened

Omg what happened? In the story or real life?

Real life

Technoblade died

Rip. Always awful when they’re gone this young. As with the writing… take your time to reset

I found the Churroverse’s first boyband :joy:

https://youtu.be/ipBVXuEd3r8?t=11

Now it’s inspiring me for something awful, some awful subplot. Something cringe in a romance story lol. The one with the blond dyed hair is killing me, because you don’t really expect that from him.

1 Like

Heh, I got a comment that someone didn’t know what KGB is. If you use a strange abbreviation like that, they said, it’s better to spell it out the first time. I dunno if the world had become a better place or what if someone doesn’t know what KGB is… the smaller issue is that you can’t spell out KGB in English, since it’s a Russian abbreviation.

2 Likes

Yeah, if they google KGB, it tells you what it means though in Russian and English. I dunno, people don’t google things enough. It’s their best friend. :joy: There’s more than enough history of the KGB for them to understand, though.

1 Like

I’m driving myself a bit crazy listening to Latin boybands. It has the same quality as a cliche mafia or teen fic story. I’m not into it, but it’s a guilty pleasure kinda feel. Indulgence, you know?

1 Like

Eh, I doubt they would care to look it up…

1 Like

That’s the problem too. Maybe I am just a nerd and I want to learn as much as I can. But I enjoy googling things and getting all the information, and remembering it. :joy:

On another, random note:

Do you know what’s kinda funny? Nowadays, a lot of music videos are great for inspiration. They’re kinda like mini-stories, more so than in previous generations. Maybe I just see stories and music going together, as I am a creative person and a musician, or else more artists are using YouTube as a means to create more art and draw more people in for more song views, or maybe it’s both.

When I watch this, it’s like a failed meet-cute or something. Or else he’s having an intense daydream because he’s really bored with waiting on the laundry, or both lol.

(I’m kinda hyper tonight mentally cause my brain has been heavily caffeinated. It’s 4am and I am still going).

1 Like

That’s hilarious. Completely on them for not knowing that, IMO.

2 Likes

Gosh… it’s 10:30 pm here and I am throwing in the towel. I was hoping to finish editing Fireman’s Girl to the point I can start writing new text, but I am falling asleep. And I am still early in chapter 4… I think I will dedicate my writing time tomorrow to it, and leave thirsty story till day after tomorrow. I set it to 3x a week updates, so I think I will be fine.

My other goal since it’s a 4 day weekend is to finish editing Raised by the Mafia… probably a tall order, but I need to finish something to free up the slot for thirsty story writing.

@FranklinBarnes i also was like… you’re kidding? at first… but nope, they repeated this critique in the after chapter comment. Not my best pairing heh. But it reminds me that I need to write next story faster, because I no longer need feedback on Lone Werewolf.

3 Likes

I don’t know an American who knows what the acronym is for…

Is K Kremlin?

I mean, yes, I know what the KGB is, but not the words themselves.

2 Likes

They did not know what KGB was. K is for Komitet, not Kremlin. Komitet Gosudarstvennoy Bezopasnosti. Committee for State Security. In Soviet system, Sovet, Soyuz and Komitet were wording they stopped on to distinguish organizations from previous governments in Russia. KGB inherits from Cheka, or ChK, Extraordinary/Special Committee, Cherezvychaynyi Komitet. All of these word choices normally underscores collegiality of decisions as ideology.

2 Likes

More details than most Americans would know about it. Most get no further than Russian Secret Service, I’m sure.

1 Like