The Rainbow Bar

:heart::rainbow_flag: Welcome! :rainbow_flag::heart:

As the big, beautiful banner says: this thread is a place to connect for all people of the LGBTQ+ community and its awesome allies.

This is mostly a chat thread where you can feel safe to talk about your gay and your queerness and everything around and in between without having to justify or explain yourself. Or just chat and discuss about whatever else you want, simply knowing you’re in a spot where your orientation and identity won’t be used against you.

The Rainbow Bar also welcomes all allies of the community. :blush: You support us, so you can sit with us. Come in, come in and feel right at home.

RULES
:sparkles:The code of conduct of the forums must be upheld at all times.

:sparkles: It’s understandable that some of you may have questions for the LGBTQ+ folks that you’d like to ask them but this thread is not the place for such things. If you have questions for the LGBTQ+ community, feel free to make your own thread about it and then come post the link in here. I’m sure a lot of us will be willing to help you out, but the Bar isn’t an interview studio. :wink:

:sparkles: Feel free to discuss your stories and other creative stuff but please don’t advertise (aka post story links or covers, tell people to check out your book etc.) in this thread. That’s what the Share Your Story section is for.

INTRODUCTION
This part is completely voluntary but it’ll definitely be helpful for us if you post a short introduction of yourself when you first join here. Use this sheet for guidance if you want:

I go by:
Pronouns:
Orientation:
About me:

14 Likes

I’ll just start this off and hope more people join :joy:
Hi everyone.

I go by: Puppy. Or if that’s too sugary for your taste then Alex or Al will do fine.
Age: 28 by blood. My mind sometimes can’t decide if it’s 13 or 65 though.
Gender identity: cis female
Pronouns: she/her
Orientation: lesbian
About me: Just chat with me and get to know me. You’ll see what kind of trainwreck I am in due time. :rofl:

1 Like

I go by: Mage (on the internet at least)
Gender identity: cis female
Orientation: asexual/demisexual
About me: Just a fantasy-romance writer with crippling depression and a tendency to get distracted way too easily.

2 Likes

Loving how your name just blends right into this thread. :joy:

1 Like

Haha, yeah. Tho my username actually has nothing to do with LGBT+. My character Alastor uses a special kind of magic that produces rainbow colored light when it is cast. He is known by some as ‘the rainbow mage’.

2 Likes

hello!

1 Like

I go by: Ana or Wry
Age: Gapsp You never as a lady her age! I’m 30 at heart 26 if we are carbon-dating…
Gender identity: I’m gender fluid Feminine leaning
Pronouns: All/Any except he and him. Sir is fine.
Orientation: Pansexual baby!
About me: What do you wana know im an open book.

3 Likes

Just tell them you’re a Tiger and let them be confused with that. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

grabbing and dragging politely inviting some folks via tag cause maybe this be their jams.

@astrophile @dreamsinwords @Signing_Echo

2 Likes

Hi everyone. How are you?

I go by: Brianna or Bri or Bree
Gender identity: Cis Female
Pronouns: She/Her
Orientation: Graysexual(If I feel sexual attraction, it is toward males)/Polyromantic(Unsure, though most likely)
About me: Feel free to ask. Some things I like are video games, cooking, baking, crocheting, music Star Wars (I am a geek), learning (I am also a nerd :nerd_face:), etc.

2 Likes

I go by: Echo
Gender identity: Nonbinary
Pronouns: They/them
Orientation: Pansexual
About me: Um I really liek guitar and I was never a huge writer–that was always Cyrus’s jam. I decided to start with Cyrus wanted me to “take over” during their leave.

2 Likes

Goes by: mimi
Qge: 17 (18 on aug 27!)
Genderidentity: she/her
Orientation: ace pan
About me: idk give me food and I’ll become your puppy

2 Likes

August baby!!! :DD me too

1 Like

I go by: Flyx (or if there’s another nickname you know me by)
Gender Identity: confused but I’m used to she/her
orientation: also confused (you’ll find I’m talented at confusing myself)
About me: I tend to run out of likes a lot

3 Likes

Omg hi lmao >~<

I go by: Sofia
Gender identity: Cis girl
Orientation: demiromantic bisexual/omnisexual
About me: I do not legally own my soul.

3 Likes

I go by: Infinite
Age: In person, I can either be 10 or 65 at the same moment.
Gender identity: thinks
Pronouns: Any, i don’t mind.
Orientation: thinks
About me:

I hail from Slytherclaw. A slytherin, by heart, and a ravenclaw by mind.
A reader since birth, and a writer since a reader.

1 Like

I go by: Cora
Gender identity: Good question! I’ll get back to you once I know!
Pronouns: they/them
Orientation: Ummmm, also good question. Definitely not straight.
About me: I can never think of anything when I’m asked to describe myself. Ask me something specific, and I’ll probably give you an answer.

1 Like

I go by: Artemis
Gender identity: Female
Pronouns: She/her
Orientation: Pansexual
About me: What do you want to know?

1 Like