*****The Story AYA (Ask You Anything) [Now: Magic System] *****

Fantasy races. Pick three you like to talk about and tell me about them.

Tell me the name of the race, their specific physical characteristics, the role in the society or world (rulers or farmers or…etc.), what kind of place they live in (forest, swamp, mansion, etc.), their diet, what language they speak, and anything else if you have.

If you don’t have a fantasy race, tell me about your favorite kind of fantasy race.

3 Likes

I shall return later.

1 Like

I’m back.

So, three Alagossian races that I seem to be drawn to are these races.

1. Tirrons:
  2. Solarians.
  3. Machina.

I am going to give the general idea of what they are and you ask questions and I shall tell you more.

Shh...come over here.
  1. Tirrons are vampires that can do both Alagossian versions of necromancy and alchemy, can see and converse with the dead, partake in summoning rituals, walk in the sunlight (not too long though, they get horrible sunburn), drink and consume blood and can even take consume aether from people too.

2. Solarians are children blessed by the sun and thrive in sunlight and wield aether powers that thrive in the sunlight. They can need constant sunlight, as the sun gives the energy and life along with making them full of vigor. Soldreans are a type of Solarian that thrive in both sunlight and places without sun, though they still require constant sunshine.

3. Machina are ridiculously human looking robots that can wield magical powers.

4. Ravakalyns are a mysterious race of red-skinned beings with pure snow white hair and horns (some have horns and a halo) that produce red aether surrounding them and are godlike. They have anti-forms which are normally for blending in with other races and preventing their true forms from being noticed by other Alagossians.

Number four is a bonus. LOL!

2 Likes

I love Yokai. You probably already know, but my favorite yokai are kijo, or female oni. Very underutilized creature, they are both physically strong and magically strong.

2 Likes

Hmm… I feel like answering the 3 latest questions lol

3 Likes

So, yeah I’ll answer the 3 last questions:

Setting

I’ll list down two since they’re both equally featured in the whole series.

1. Earth
  • This Earth is not like the one we’re in. Most of the events occur in the Philippines and the United States of America. However, there are some key differences. On this Earth, magic is either concealed or openly practised, depending on which country. The Philippines doesn’t outlaw magic, the magic-users govern the country to an extent. This is only possible due to the barrier called ‘The Veil.’ The Veil is a barrier that conceals the magic within the country. If a foreigner enters the country and witnesses magic, as soon as they leave the country, any memory of the things they witness is erased or repressed. As for the United States, it is the battlefield of a hidden war between the Mystics (magic-users) and Cosmics (people with innate cosmic powers). Magic is outlawed and mostly unknown to the public. The way the Veil works in this country is by making magic “invisible” to the witnesses, meaning if a mystic uses their powers, non-mystics (mostly normal humans) only see movements or nothing at all.
  1. Arrgon
  • Arrgon is a planet far from Earth. In prehistoric times, its inhabitants were giants called Argents. Argents were responsible for the flora and fauna that roam the world. They also created the Agots, lesser beings that take the form of anything they encounter. In a battle between Argents, the world fell under the rule of a rogue Argent named Rakshesha, the Chaos Witch. Rakshesha corrupted every living being that comes into contact with chaos, turning them into mindless monsters. The surviving Argents, in their desperation, created one last creation: the Orsus Tree. The orsus tree creates a perimeter that repels chaos. So, the Agots lived in several settlements where an Orsus tree stood, creating cities that are mostly isolated from one another. Over the millennia, Agots forgot how to shapeshift, creating a diverse world, threatened by the Chaos Witch.
Culture

So, I won’t put into detail the cultures on Earth. It is similar to what we have, but let’s just say, that some gods are more visible than others— and some are dead.

As for Arrgon, let’s focus on Samarin. Samarin is a country of flames, to say the least. The whole continent of Asce is an extinct supervolcano. Hence, the association with flames. Many Agot species lived in Samarin, coexisting. The prominent ones are Sarians, Hiperias, Samarians, and Ceonians. Sarians are the cold-flames as they call them. They live in the cold mountains of Genesaria. They are ruled by Queen warriors. They mostly stayed away from the politics of Samarin to the point that they seceded from Samarin altogether. Hiperias are the flames of the forest. They are mostly secluded in the forest. They live inside trees and do not participate in any political, territorial, or diplomatic disputes. Samarians are the lost flames. They are the most populous Agots in Samarin. They have kingdoms across Samarin. They are called the lost flames because they cannot produce fire naturally. Ceonians are the sea-flames. Ceoni is an island that submerges and emerges from the sea. Most of the citizens of Ceoni are just Samarians, however, the real Agots that lived there are the tiniest there are in Asce and they live in the catacombs of Ceoni. They produce flames that stay ablaze in water.

Now, these are mostly just races, right? But they have a singular tradition. A magical ritual practised by every Samarini. Word Burning is a technique of trust and loyalty, bound by flames and ashes. The way it is done is by lighting a flame in front of you, saying the lines “I burn these words…,” then directly to the flame, tell what you want to say, and in the end you say, “…and in the ashes they die.” This is usually done by two or more people. The magic of the world creates this blockage that whatever is said in flames will not be told to anyone who is not part of the ritual. Any flame will suffice, so Samarians can just use a candle, while the others can conjure flames of their own.

Races

So, we know about the people of Samarin. Let’s go and explore the rest of the Agot species that reside in the Asce continent.

1. Asceans
  • People of Asce (As-che), as in the country. However, they are not able to create flames like the Samarin people do. Asce is known as the Agots of the Dust. They live on a small island in the middle of the Asce Sea. Their greatest feat however is their underground city hidden in the sand. Asceans can sink into the sand and soil. It is believed that the first Ascean Agots mimicked a simple sandworm. Their ability to burrow into the sand allowed them to create underground cities and extend their territories by creating glass domes underwater.
  1. Ventiens
  • The people of Tarviene and Halviene. It is believed that the first Agots that lived in the two lands saw birds and mimicked them. The Ventiens of Tarviene mimicked flying birds with 2 or more pairs of wings. Now, it is rare to see 2-paired Ventiens. Most of them only have 1 pair of wings, growing at the end of their spine. Those with multiple pairs of wings are usually sent to become warriors or diplomats. The Halviene Ventiens are flightless, but their adaptation allowed them to survive the harsh and cold environment they lived in. They can only glide or hover over the icy cold waters to catch fish, and so they make these towers to hunt for food.
  1. Rumir
  • The Rumir live outside of Asce, in the domain of the Chaos witch. Still protected by an Orsus tree, they live in a gorge that barely lets sunlight in. The first Rumir Agots saw dew droplets that refracted light and mimicked that. They are 99% made of pure light and only a speck of “crystallised water” in the center of their soul. They are known to be the oldest Agots. Unlike their Agot cousins who can only live up to the age of 100 or less, Rumirs can live forever as long as they “recharge” their light every day by basking in the light of an Orsus tree. They are the only known Agots to resist corruption from chaos. Their mimicry of the Orsus tree light allowed them to traverse across the land. As a service to the Agots of Arrgon, they serve as scholars, diplomats, advisers, and even guides to merchants who cross the treacherous domain of the Chaos witch.

I went all in HAHAHAH. Happy reading. Ask away if you wanna know more.

4 Likes

Just marking this so I know to come back and answer tomorrow :joy:

2 Likes

Okay, here we go!

Let's start with the Star-Weavers

Star-Weavers were created by the Primordial Deity Blispyre [aka Mother Stars]. Most Star-Weavers have black, star-covered skin, white or orange eyes, and flaming orange, red or yellow hair. Star-Fires (a sub-species) have pink hair, silver eyes, and don’t usually have stars on their skin.

They live on the world Blispziea [three suns, generally dry world but still quite earth-like).

They claim to speak “the language of the stars” but no one actually knows what that means and can’t be bothered to ask. In the books, interactions happen with them while wearing Translators so the language comes across as Lyriumian/Terpolite/other first-languages to my characters.

Their powers are based in fire and light, but some have destruction powers (those are much rarer).

Next is the Shadow

These are still very much under development. I’ve only got one “official” Wraith and she’s a side character in The Photon Cycle.

Shadows come from the world Dusk. They have dark skin, dark eyes (usually black, dark brown, dark blue or purple), and have either black, dark brown, dark blue or dark purple hair.

They have the ability to disappear into shadows, manipulate them, create temporary darkness, and have minor light manipulation abilities. They also can also make themselves incorporeal.

I haven’t gotten as far as language for these guys yet

And for my third choice :thinking:

Let's go with the Fallen Angels.

Fallen Angels are not Angels, nor are they Demons or Devils. Those are all different things. Fallen Angels are former-Angels who were kicked out of Celestia (the name of the Angel residence in Heaven). So far I only have two but only one has been developed (she’s a secondary character so I’ve done some work on this species).

Appearance wise, they normally look like Humans so there are a lot of different appearances. Their main feature is that they have either black or grey wings. Power wise, they’re not as strong as Angels but still have some pretty hefty power depending on the rank they were before they Fell. Anything from the elements to “miracles” to reality alteration.

As one would expect (yes, I have actually done research outside of watching Supernatural and Lucifer :joy:), Fallen Angels, just like Angels, speak Enochian.

5 Likes

I know way too much because I follow occult stuff like that. Do you want to see the angels that rule over the Kabbalah?

1 Like

Kabbalah

Okay I’m probably completely wrong because I suck at Abrahamic religions, but is that the Jewish one?

1 Like

Yes it is Jewish mysticism, which is foundational for the Western occult tradition.

1 Like

Ooo I’ll defs have a look

1 Like

I’m looking forward to @TheTigerWriter coming back to make another prompt and ask me questions.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I thought I would go in some sort of order, but I don’t feel like it. This is my thread. I can give whatever topics I want :stuck_out_tongue:

Politics
Pick a country if you have many. How is the new ruler chosen? What is the title of the ruler? Who makes up the body of rulers or people who decide the law? How is the law decided? What are the general laws that everyone must follow? What happens to those who don’t follow the law?

Is the current ruler liked by many or are they hated? Why are they liked or hated?

If you have political parties, what is the major political party and what do they believe in? Do many follow them or no?

2 Likes

Dear people
@alenatenjo @Qualeshia12 @NotARussianBot @nikko @JojoDahlia

I know you answered. I’ve seen them. The title of this thread is Story AYA and the asking part is the first part where I ask a bunch of questions with prompts. As for additional questions, at the moment, I have a lot going on and no space in my noggin, but not to say I will never ask questions :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, asking additional questions based on what you answered is a little tricky until I have enough information about your world. So, I could ask you something that you would be repeating in another prompt. After politics will likely be either religion or war history or something else related. Then I might ask questions after that.

You might one day receive a whole bunch of questions from me and feel overwhelmed yourself :wink:

Thought I’d let you guys know. I will keep throwing prompts at you though :wink:

4 Likes

This caught my eye :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll likely be giving a topic about magic systems some time later, but I wanted to ask you to explain the difference between Mystics and Cosmics. I’m curious :wink:

I had you in mind when I said “pick three you like to talk about” :grin:

1 Like

Aw thanks :heart:

2 Likes

Gladly.

Without going into the deeper details of my magic system, Mystics and Cosmics are similar. The source of their powers comes from celestial leylines (i don’t want to call them leylines but that’s basically what they are) that flow from the source through the Earth. They harness these energies for their powers. The big difference is how they harness it.

The celestial leylines flow directly through a comic, meaning it doesn’t go through anything else on Earth. They’re basically the destination of these leylines. So, that’s why they have innate powers and are presumably given from birth.

Mystics on the other hand need to harness celestial energy from the Earth itself. To conjure fire, they need to harness heat and oxygen. If they want to summon creatures, they have to tap into the leylines that could tear through dimensions. They can’t do this without the use of catalysts or incantations that enable them to harness powers. However, the leylines can be scarce. For example, the leylines that give life energy are mostly occupied by sustaining living beings. Mystics can’t just easily tap into that leyline and kill or resurrect a person, or give themselves immortality. They have to be so strong to even see the leylines, let alone control it. Another example is Celestial Magic. Celestial Magic comes from the stars, like literally. A celestial mystic needs to gather celestial energy from other star systems to use celestial magic. It’s not impossible, but it’s incredibly hard that only deities or near-deities could do it.

Now, cosmic are given powers by birth, but it cannot simply be passed on. That means, your cosmic power can’t just be given to your child and descendants. If your child is a cosmic, their power will most likely be different from yours. Magic can be learned by anyone. Humans and cosmics can use magic, but it takes tremendous training if you are not born into a family that has a history of magic. Why? Well, it might not be genetic, but since your soul is open to magic, your child’s soul will most likely have loosened up to magic, too. That makes it easier to teach magic to descendants. As for ‘Muggleborns’, their souls could’ve been influenced by leylines, increased magical activity in their area, or a Mystic opened their souls to magic.

Magic self-teaching is possible without the influence of the things mentioned, but you’re most likely be stuck with wands and staves and orbs, and some basic spells and incantations.

Damn that’s a long post AHHAHA mb

1 Like

I need to tackle this when I am in the right head space. LOL!