There's a reason(s) why most people don't like animation, I found out why?

I’m just saying that if anybody has some Vegebul fanficiton they have lying around and want to retool, Booktok would love that shit. It’s already happened with Reylo and Dramonie.

2 Likes

I think this is pretty big.

Also, they might see kawaii-girl-anime clips and think all anime is surface-level stuff and not deep at all. They might think it’s just some silly thing for lonely people who are done looking for love in the real world.

That’s my theory :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally don’t watch magical girl or idol stuff, but I do like Ghibli and some others like that which are magical and deep.

3 Likes

Nope, you’re the Dragonball expert.

2 Likes

I thought you read The Cruel Prince!

2 Likes

I used to be able to get Snapple in Japan. My mom and I have fond memories of Snapple :pleading_face: Haven’t seen it in YEARS.

2 Likes

Nope, not that either. Not interested in fae.

2 Likes

Someone on here must have read it!

2 Likes

Hmm…

I wonder who :sweat_smile:

I can think of some who might have.

2 Likes

That on true in spades, depending on the person and show, but yeah it is annoying to hear.

Another is hidden racism.

2 Likes

Political things and religious things might come into play, too. Who knows? Some people can find reasons to dislike things even if it might be a bit of a stretch :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, most upsetting.

2 Likes

Animation is another form of Art… Art is subjective…

That’s all I have…

For me, I like it in all it’s forms. From Traditional Cell animation through to Digital Animation, it’s all good and I have respect for the craftmanship of it all.

SD

2 Likes

I cannot deny the truth behind that…

1 Like

I’ve always hated this reason because if they assume Family Guy or Hazbin Hotel as children shows, then we’ve got a problem. :confused:

This one I understand, especially when I also have issues with this myself. But the part I trip on more is how realistic is the animalistic part. Like, Hazbin Hotel is understandable with the various animal-like creatures because it’s a reference to their soul or something like that (from what I’ve heard anyway). But with something like Family Guy where Brian is a talking dog… it doesn’t make sense to me. I understand why Klaus is a fish in American Dad, but there’s not much of an explanation for Family Guy. So it’s hard to watch and relate to. xD

But of course, there’s gonna be exceptions like in Disney movies. But usually, in the universe, it’s animals talking to each other or the characters are more humanoid.

I guess I’m just weird. xD

And again, understandable. Some people have certain tastes.

I think it could also be more of a storyline premise, too. I’m not too fond of anime because most anime I’ve seen doesn’t make much sense to me and is often weird. Like Ponyo, for example, is a fish that turns into a girl but as she’s transforming, she’s half a chicken. And the story was really weird to me. I couldn’t get passed this growing up. xD But I’ve seen other kinds of anime and I’m like, “Meh… not my thing.” The artwork is beautiful, but storylines… not so much.

The only anime I’ve actually only ever liked was Spy x Family.

2 Likes

The thing is that they are wondering, why make it animated when it can be a live action thing?

2 Likes

Maybe it’s due to problems of cost and lack of filming locations?

1 Like

Unfortunately they don’t understand that and probably won’t care enough to understand.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I finally found an anime that makes complete and total sense!

Look at all the sense it makes!

3 Likes

OK in fairness, Dragonball is like Avatar the Last Airbender if Miles and Bryke did hard drugs and had no limitations on blood or swearing.

2 Likes

I think that it’s because some things are better left animated than live-action. Just look at Avatar: the Last Airbender. None of the live-actions does the story or characters justice. And I’ve barely watched the new one. The beginning of episode one was promising until you got to Aang, and that… was where I couldn’t handle it. It’s like watching the Ember Island play.

Scooby Doo is a similar case, along with Fairly Odd Parents, Kim Possible, etc. When something is turned to live-action, there’s a completely different feel to it and it isn’t the same. Then again, this could also be because the creators aren’t putting in the money and time for it. Like, I’m sure if you add really good CGI, great actors, and come up with a decent storyline, it could come off great. But instead… you get things like this:

It would be really weird to see Inside Out as live action or Finding Nemo.

Even some live-action turned to animation is the same thing. I cringe at Star Wars: the Clone Wars because its live action is better.

But on the same token, it could come off better because there’s only so much you can do with live action without making it look cringy or without going crazy with CGI, etc. Sometimes, budgets don’t match the imagination and you probably pay a lot more with live action than the other, so sometimes, going the animated way can be cheaper and better. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes