𝙲𝙰𝙵𝙴 𝟾𝟿

awww its quite late at night, right? Is everything going well with writing?

Haha, take your time! You don’t need to read all of it :joy: there’s a menu icon which leads to tables of contents, so you can just go to whichever post you’re most interested in.

The last two years have been rough. It’s almost 2022, but I still feel like it’s 2020 XD

Ah, Sri Lanka! I’ve never been there but it sounds cool. Haha, true, travel restrictions are tightening.

I’m chilling in Indonesia. It’s where I was born and raised. My mom’s from here too. But, because my dad’s a foreigner, I’m a foreigner, so I literally got a visa just to fly back home. Yeah, it’s complicated XD

1 Like

:pleading_face: This is why I love your thread

KSJKADAS THAT HIT SO HARD WITH ME :joy:

Yeah I’l be posting pictures soon. It’s a nice place but the mosquitoes are not it. My grandma lives here so we come to visit her. LITERALLY THEY’RE WAITING TO ATTACK YOU askdjfd :sob:

Nice! I’ve always wanted to visit Indonesia but then Covid hit :triumph:. Oh yeah I get the Visa trouble. Its cumbersome at times :sob:

1 Like

Yeah I should get to bed soon lol. And it’s okay, a little all over the place right now

1 Like

Oh trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I come from a tropical country. We have mosquitoes. Tons of them. And malaria if you’re not careful.

That’s why when Western people say they envy our tropical weather, I’m like “DO YOU WANT MOSQUITOES” :rofl:

Oh nice! If you ever do get the chance, hit me up, and I’ll supply you with tips :joy: although I live in the capital, Jakarta, which isn’t as touristy as the other cities.

Ah yes, I’m used to applying for visa. Almost every time my fam and I travel outside of Southeast Asia or Hong Kong, we had to get a visa. Because of that we plan each trip a few months in advance

1 Like

OKIII I just finished this post, ooof hopefully it fits with the others

I hope things get better! Yeah its like 2 am? I think right?

BRO RIGHT? You don’t want this. The bugs are just :sob: I hate the mosquitoes they’ve come after my legs and I’m worried because they just attack me on my arms and legs aksdjfasdkf like leave me alone.

OMYGOSH YES I WILL!

The process is so lengthy and one wrong step can send you into weeks of headaches :pensive:

1 Like

And even worse is that the bites stay on your skin for at least a whole day, so you’ll have to deal with an itchy lump that’ll only get worse if you scratch it ;-;

That’s why malls are so popular here—they’re indoors, so no mosquitoes :joy:

Speaking of those pesky bugs, my former golf coach (he’s British) said he accidentally brought an Indonesian mosquito all the way to Ireland. He opened his bag and a mosquito flew out, and he was like “It’s going to enjoy all those white people” :rofl:

Even if you don’t do anything wrong, they can still give you headaches, or worse.

My mom applied for a tourist visa to the US so she could drop me off at college. Her visa interviewer literally told her that her visa’s approved, then the next day, the embassy emailed her a list of questions and her passport was returned without a visa. She was hysterical because she’d never been denied, and then we had to send the passport back along with some extra documents, and then finally, literally a couple of days before I was supposed to fly, my mom got her US visa.

Like bruh, you told her that she’s getting a visa, why did you have to pull that? x.x

1 Like

Midnight

1 Like

Ah! Any midnight plans? :joy:

UGHHH TELL ME ABOUT THE ITCHY LUMPS! They become red and then they look like pimples and then some of them even scar. I pray I don’t get them on my face. aksjdfasd LMAOOOO yess I wish I could hit up a mall but none of them are open over here :skull: LOL I love how your golf coach was like “Enjoy little one”

EXCUSE ME- :skull: SIR WHY
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT
FOR WHAT

1 Like

I found out that one of the best ways to reduce it is to apply sanitizer, the gel-like kind that you use for your hands. Many years ago, I noticed that a while after I rubbed it onto the bite, the lump actually got smaller.

Oh yeah, I miss the malls here. Idk about you but I think Asian malls are way better than Western malls. When I was in America with my mom, we passed by what they called a “mall” and didn’t realize it until we searched for it on Google, and we were like “you call that a mall?!” :joy: once I’m out of quarantine, I’mma go out with my fam to those fancy malls I used to frequent.

It’s the US. You can’t get a visa worry-free—even if you’ve done nothing wrong, you’re at their mercy :ragejoy: at least she got it. One of her colleagues in Singapore wasn’t able to get a US visa, even though it was for work, sponsored by the American company he worked for, never committed a crime, had the funds, good citizen and all.

But what’s funny is how my mom got her first ever US visa. The interviewer asked her “so why do you want to go to my country?”

She straight up told him “Actually I don’t want to go to your country, but my company wants to send me there for training and certification, so that’s why I’m here.”

They gave her a five-year visa :rofl:

1 Like

waves back

Thanks!

Nice to meet you, Rita! I’m Shreya <3

1 Like

Dude Imma try that out because i swear these lumps are getting bigger day by day

lmao i don’t even try and compre the malls between Asia and the west. Honestly have you seen Dubai’s mall? like aksjdfadsfadf it screams rich

WE LOVE THAT OML YOUR MOM IS A LEGEND

facts even border crossing from Canada to the states is horrible.

1 Like

I love your name! Nice to meet you, Shreya :sparkles: I wish you luck for your last year and graduation! You’ve got this :heart: OML YES STAN CHOCOLATE. Oh lol dw i’m trying to get my life together as well. OOOH what rule are we breaking :eyes:

1 Like

I’ve heard of Dubai’s malls, but I’ve never been to Dubai. However, I’ve been to malls around Southeast Asia. Here’s what I can say: you can categorize Asian malls into different tiers, and the malls in the highest tier are the “elite” malls where only the upper-class folks go to, then you have the upper-middle class malls, then the average Asian mall. The average Asian mall is still way better than those Western “malls.”

In a fancy mall here in Indonesia, you can really feel the elegance. As soon as you arrive at the lobby, boom, luxury cars all around you. You don’t even open your own door; there’s a staff there to open it for you, then you pass through the security, and the interior just screams luxury. High fashion all around you, fancy restaurants, other posh shops. There are affordable stores, but they make up the minority, and they’re usually hidden in the basement level or some other part. Basically if you’re not upper-class you can’t buy most of the things being sold there. The first floor, the main floor, is reserved only for the best. Then of course you have the nice air-conditioning (I don’t know why, but even the air-conditioning feels different), music playing as you walk, marble floors, a front desk service, and the bathrooms! The bathrooms are so comfortable, they even have free toilet seat cleaner! And bidets! And that nice fruity soap. And when you’re done shopping or just eating or watching a movie, if you visit the mall regularly enough, you don’t even have to wait outside for your car to pick you up. The security guard will walk indoors and tell you “Sir, your car is here.” It also helps that some of the big malls are also connected to five-star hotels. Philippine malls are way bigger, but I find them less elegant, and their bathrooms are not as nice. Singaporean malls are also good. My favorite Singaporean mall is Paragon, on Orchard Road. The Marina Bay Sands mall is also nice, but it’s quite far.

Meanwhile malls in the US are just shopping outlets, a food court, maybe a couple of restaurants. And they call that a “mall.” Asian malls have stores, restaurants, cinemas, grocery stores, salons, barbershops… basically if we don’t see all of those listed in a building, we don’t call that a mall :joy:

Thanks! She really is :joy:

It is? I’ve only done that once, but to be fair it was more than ten years ago. I remember my fam and I joined a tour group to tour the East Coast, and we joined a group from Canada since we were staying with my dad’s family in Canada. The guys at the US immigration were nice, and I was a small kid at the time, and my mom said that one of them was really friendly to me, you know, like making a kid excited to finally be in the US.

And then when my uncle and his fam took us across the border after we got back from the trip, to this place called Buffalo. The Canadian border was way more serious—I remember it was like a toll gate. We just gave our passports out the car window and then had them handed back to us.

What’s border-crossing like now, between the US and Canada? I plan to visit Canada next year, not sure when, since I have relatives there and I’m studying in the US.

1 Like

RITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

Thank you! <3

THANK YOUUU I NEED IT XD

YASSS WE DOOO

:joy: :sob: mood

So, I study in a hostel, where we’re not allowed to bring phones :eyes: But I plan to xD

1 Like

YEAHHHH RIGHHT!! I was about to say that :joy:

I can feel the sophistication oozing from your description. Dubai malls are similar except its just a lot of gold and intricate wall patterns going on. LMAO THE AC RIGHT? It feels boujee somehow :joy:

Canada has similar malls to that except the restaurants most of them are located in the food court lol. Its mostly the fancy cafe’s that get their own space you know.

Yeah I’ve crossed the border many times. It depends where in Canada you are crossing and the US side as well. Most of the time when you cross from Canada it is much nicer lol but when you cross from the US it feels like you’ve committed a crime or something aksdjfasd. Right now, to cross into Canada from the US side you need a PCR test. However I don’t think you need a PCR test to cross from Canada to the US.

1 Like