๐’๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’ โ€” ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ง๐ข๐š๐œ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ

Yeah but due to covid no what we call โ€˜reportsโ€™ were issued out except for the final report which consists of a statement and of course your matric (senior) certificate.

Thatโ€™s interesting. Its still winter here too but it has never snowed in this place. Maybe one time in 2011 but for an hour and it was nothing much to brag about. We have a normal year, schools open second week of Jan and close third week of Nov but for seniors its first week of Dec. I dig your schooling system though.

2 Likes

Oh hmm. We get crazy snowstorms here all the time. Usually winter begins like in November, or even Octoberโ€ฆ I see, I see. Yeah, schooling systems around the world are all different.

2 Likes

Wow winter in Oct/Nov๐Ÿ˜ฎ. For us weโ€™re hit by winter the most in June till early August(most times its just till July) and even then I can bet our โ€˜winterโ€™ is probably summer to people from your side of the world.

2 Likes

Yeah. And then it lasts all the way until like April or May. xD Basically half a year, yep. Ohh really, that sounds kind of cool. Yep, your winter is summer here. Then spring is basically non-existent or blended in with winter. There can literally be days where it feels like spring, and the next day will be back to winter, and on and off.

2 Likes

Sorta similar to us. Our winter feels like summer most of the time. Usually its colder in the early mornings around 5/6 when people are heading to work or students to school. Whatcha doing?

2 Likes

How nice. Iโ€™d love for our winters not to be so savage. :joy: Iโ€™m just trying to catch up on the forums now, Iโ€™ve been a bit busy the past few days.

2 Likes

When you say like that, I think Iโ€™ll now start treasuring our sunny winter๐Ÿ˜„
Iโ€™m guessing youโ€™ve been busy with school huh

2 Likes

Hehe you should. xD Iโ€™ve never been somewhere without cold winters.
Yeah, itโ€™s always school. :sweat: Iโ€™ve been finishing up a research paper and also my grad speech. That thing needs a lot of work.
So how have you been these days? Doing anything interesting?

2 Likes

Really๐Ÿค” my country is known for its hot days, youโ€™d probably get a tan from just having your toes take peek at the sun. What kind of research? Ya know in my previous school we had this thing where the top achievers in the school( which is basically four distinctions and above) receive medals, some cash and that oh so motivational speech on how to excel.

2 Likes

Doing nothing much but window shopping a lot for when my next paycheck rolls in. Iโ€™ve been writing a lot moreโ€ฆquite frankly yesterday I got an idea for like a third book or so. Itโ€™ll be romance as most are๐Ÿ˜ช

1 Like

Huh. Is it dry or humid over there? I personally prefer dry. Humid feels suffocating.

It was a chem research paper on polymers. Not too interesting. Oh, interesting. Medals? Hmm. People get trophies here, I think, but I forgot based on what. Sigh, yeah. Figured. My own speech is trash, but what else can I write? The school wants us to encourage everybody and yadda yadda. I hate speaking, too. But I guess Iโ€™ll have to put up with it.

2 Likes

Nah its dry.

Oooo that isnโ€™t nice. We did polymers but didnโ€™t ever delve too deep into the topic cause of like the online lessons we did( which no either paid attention to or ever was present for) The common thing we got in exams if I remember well was the makeup of ethylene or somethingโ€ฆall ik is somewhere part of the answer was ethene.

Inspire Inspire Inspire is key๐Ÿ˜…thatโ€™s what the vice principal used to say. An ex. of one of the top achievers key points in her speech were, how covid affected our stream and the hassles of it all, realising the importance of good relations with classmates to help survive senior year as a unit, how the teachers helped, having more time to focus on your weakness and basically how this years stream have it slightly easier as they have xp what being in a panoremic is like so have the skills or something to do better the previous stream. Hope that gave you some ideas

2 Likes

Ah, yeah. I feel like half the class was zoning out. I was kinda doing that too with it being online, but I just went and caught up afterwards. Oh yes. Ethylene is the common name for ethene, theyโ€™re the same. But polyethene (or polyethylene) is the polymer.

True. Ooh, thatโ€™s a pretty good topic. I already have my draft written out, just gotta touch it up. I mean, people say it sounds inspirational but I think Iโ€™ve spent too much time on it that Iโ€™m getting sick of it. :sweat_smile: It isnโ€™t what most people talk about but welp, too late to change.

2 Likes

Haha seems a good dosage of polymers we all zone out. The worst was going for weekend classes which seem interesting cause you can bunk but then the teachers know all senior students so not possible. It hurt most cause we didnโ€™t even knock off earlier than usual time, same time actually then youโ€™re down to resting only on Sunday. Torture I say!!!

Just leave it, its inspirational enough. Donโ€™t over inspire the poor people๐Ÿ˜‚

2 Likes

I feel like people zone out for almost everything. xD
Oof, weekend classes? I couldnโ€™t take that. Weekdays are already bad enough. We had school on Saturday once in my old school, and that was weird. Actually, wait โ€“ there was something odd about that one because if I remember correctly, we had no school on the day before that. So we were all wondering why we couldnโ€™t just move it to the day earlier.

Haha, all right. I get sick of things too often. That is my downfall as a writer. If I edit too much, Iโ€™ll start hating the piece.

2 Likes

Yep they do. I for one think having math after lunch was a good way to set students up for failure. Once, half the class slept in a math class and it was effing hot on that day after lunch. Weekend classes are bad indeed bc we start them in Feb till our last final paper or sometimes till we finish writing the โ€˜thinkingโ€™ subjects, we end up treating it like a normal 6 school day. Youโ€™re lucky you had the choice to refuseโ€ฆwe didnโ€™t๐Ÿ˜ž

2 Likes

Youโ€™re my kind of person:) though getting sick too often is probably why I hardly ever finish anything in life. I lose interest quickly

2 Likes

Oh, man, that would be awful. But in my old school we once had math after PE class, when everybody was all sweaty and tired. Oh yikes. Well, weekend classes arenโ€™t really a thing for us here, so I guess we are lucky. But the one they made us do was mandatory.

Oh, good to know Iโ€™m not the only one. Same here. I can perk up with interest pretty quickly and get all obsessed, but after a certain point I give up. And then it cycles.

2 Likes

Where are you so I get my 2020 back and go to your school๐Ÿ˜‚weekend free, thatโ€™s great. But eh, math after PE is punishment shame. Did the class even pay attention

2 Likes

xD I think most schools here are that way. But I wouldnโ€™t advise you to come, since this countryโ€™s education system sucks. :joy: My old school was much better. But anyways, I sometimes end up working on the weekends too because of how much work they assign. And how much I procrastinate, ha.
Yup. Sometimes even I paid no attention, but that was because there were personal whiteboards-- I loved drawing on those.

2 Likes