Vacation spots you RARELY or DON'T ACTUALLY often hear people talk about!

When it comes to vacationing outside of your native home, there are some places a bunch of people go to constantly while other place people don’t even really consider.

Let’s chat about the places most people don’t go to for vacation purposes.
This excludes war-torn countries and anything alike along with North Korea for obvious reasons.

Honestly, I apologize, but I didn’t think anything about locations like Iceland and Greenland for vacation.

Like I somewhat understand Iceland, but Greenland is sometime I hardly hear people say when they go on vacation.

How often do you even hear people say that they are “traveling to Greenland for some well-needed R&R”? You don’t hear that.

I don’t even think many people would even consider going there.
Yet there are plenty of places people won’t travel to for vacation because other many reasons. The number one reason would have to be tourist spots and attractions and interesting historical places.

The second reason would probably be “is the place beautiful and does it sound dreamy/romantic?” as well.

Maybe I am missing something.

Thoughts and feelings?

@Akje
@AMMeyers
@JohnnyTuturro
@J.L.O
@NotARussianBot
@Cai
@copyedit

Bonus Question: Name a city or place in your own country that people would NOT consider vacationing to…EVER?!

3 Likes

Venezuela, at least these days.

I don’t think that Lebanon is a tourist hot spot either, at least in the US.

Detroit, Michigan also.

1 Like

Yeah, you’re so right!

You rarely hear Venezuela as a place people go for vacation.

I didn’t even think of Lebanon neither.
Yeah, I don’t hear Americans wanting to a trip to Detroit of all places or even Michigan.

That isn’t too shocking though.

1 Like

Should not is an issue. The murder rate in New Orleans leads me to say people are risking their lives to go there.

And I do go there.

I dont hear of people setting out to go to the smaller cities like Sioux City.

1 Like

Tel Aviv.

:flushed:

That one is obvious.

1 Like

What makes you say that?
I barely know anything about the place.

1 Like

I live in a place that’s pretty Christian and Tel Aviv is like the gay capital of the world.

2 Likes

Really? I didn’t know that! I thought Key West, Fire Island and San Francisco were the gay capitals of the world…? But I’m so out of it.

@anon39043209 I used to think there were places no one would want to go until I heard a friend of my mother saying how excited she was to go on a cruise to Antarctica. Who the hell would want to go to Antarctica? And what do you do there when you arrive?

Granted, I’d like to go to the Arctic circle, but there are like places there now, and those northern lights.

But anyway, there must be tons of places no one would ever want to go on vacation in the US, but the last places I’d want to go would be somewhere like Montana, South Dakota, or the other states in that area. They just sound so cold and lonely and cold. And probably cold.

2 Likes

It’s up there with them.

3 Likes

the entire continent of Africa, and a lot of central Asia.

anywhere in central Canada that’s not Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, or Saskatoon. More specifically no one vacations in the northern communities, and they shouldn’t :joy: the crime rate is terrible and the cities are not pretty or interesting.

1 Like

hmm, brb adding Tel Aviv to my travel list.

3 Likes

I want to go to Mexico.

2 Likes

Of course, Jerusalem Post would claim that lol. The scene is pretty big from what I hear. But gay capital of the world? I don’t think so. I’d say Berlin.

3 Likes

I want to go to Mongolia, we seem to be headed in opposite directions on the globe.

Mexico also has a high crime rate, although they probably get a good chunk of money from tourism so it probably isn’t too murdery :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s wasn’t that gay when I was there. But again I’m not going to the right places.

1 Like

Go to Cabo.

2 Likes

is… the arch of cabo the windows 10 screensaver?

1 Like

Exactly.
Unless they want to go to do some Safari stuff or something along those lines.

The same with Asia. People don’t even consider much of West, South, and Northern parts of Asia. And if it is East Asia, it is ALWAYS countries like Japan, South Korea, or China.

1 Like

Cabo is in Mexico.

2 Likes