Venting stories?

Has anyone here ever turned something that was meant to be a vent, or a rant, or something to let off steam into a story?

5 Likes

Hey look! It’s the basis for everything I’ve ever written!

3 Likes

hazbin-hotel-alastor (1)

3 Likes

For real? :open_mouth:

I have an idea brewing that is kinda a rant…

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m just one great big stress ball that dumps everything that frustrates me into my work. Most of the time, it turns out pretty great lol

3 Likes

Maybe I should do that.

3 Likes

Oh, all the time. :rofl:

I actually have quite a dramatic scene where my MC is hating on the government because of how corrupt they are, etc. Could definitely be written better, though. Haha

3 Likes

I recommend it actually. Get everything off your chest vicariously without damaging reputations/relations irl

3 Likes

LOL that sounds interesting to be honest. At least you got it out though.

That’s actually a clever idea. I am gonna start writing some notes now… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Well hey let me know if you need notes on anything else ^_^; I’ve been writing my whole life, so I’ve got plenty of experience to pull from.

2 Likes

My latest project is to stick it to shippers who think that current year cartoons have the best lesbian representation even though 9 times out of 10 it takes the character FOREVER to actually confirm it with a kiss, usually saving it for the series finale. People’s standards for representation are lower than they realize.

2 Likes

go for it, even if it’s shit on paper at least you’ll have it out of your system.

3 Likes

Thanks.

Is everyone going to be a lesbian in it?

True. :confused:

Plays music!

2 Likes

I saw someone I was following to post a Venting Book yesterday and I unfollowed immediately. I think stories revolving around negativity and embitterment maybe have their place, but I don’t want them.

2 Likes

Why does it have to be negative, and a vent like you thought it was?

1 Like

Because venting is negative by definition. It means someone is embittered and offended and feeling under-appreciated. Usually, people quickly avoid folks who are in this state in life/SM, so books coming from this place won’t be more fun to read.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but you don’t know what I have planned :flushed: !

1 Like

No but it is certainly going to defy expectations bu having the main couple already dating and never breaking up! Revolutionary, I know.

2 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

And neither of them die? Omg is that even allowed?! (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes