Watty 2022 is here

Ouch. Some changes that make me cry…

7 Likes

So, yes, with shortened entry window, I have to hop to editing my one story that stands a chance right now!

1 Like

Watty 2040 is going to be a battle royale at this rate

6 Likes

525 winners?

Soon, this will be everyone.

3 Likes

Yes, but technically, for English entries it’s only 55. If you write in, like, Turkish, you are in a very good position

4 Likes

55 is still a decent amount.

2 Likes

Yup!

2 Likes

Gosh just seen this. I’m already panicking. I know I have a very low chance of winning or being shortlisted, but I’d planned for the July - September window, so I need to kick myself into gear and get editing harder.
Which is especially hard when all I want to do is write new things.
I’d planned to do a rewrite this July for my military romance, but I might not have time and I might just have to submit the first draft instead :thinking:
These 500 word synopsis’ always chill me, so I have to make sure I have enough time for those. I’ve done 2 already, and I have to work on last years too.

5 Likes

I swear I don’t want to even look at this until after vacation. I mean, I’ve got something that can be submitted, I guess. Just meh.

2 Likes

I feel like just submitting the most random thing that I can for the Wattys.

2 Likes

It’s not that. I’m still in rebellion, and vacation is mid-next-month. I already.hate Disney. Don’t need this stuff on top of that. Lmao

3 Likes

I want something inane to win and not another asexual romance.

2 Likes

At least the asexual romance was better than that How to be the Fifth Wheel. That one literally was below average in the bucket of very average teen school stuff. I couldn’t even read the first chapter. It wasn’t funny, edgy, anything… I still have no idea how it won book deal.

4 Likes

It’s probably “marketability” to be honest. In their eyes, that banal crap sells. It’s too safe isn’t it?

4 Likes

that’s the thing. I can’t even see it selling. You like literally can pick any other YA school fiction and chances are it is going be more interesting.

3 Likes

The only thing I’d put in is a betrothal/marriage between an elf and a human-elf-wasp hybrid…because it’s what I have up. It’s odd enough, but not so unconventional.

3 Likes

At first, I was going to comment about what in the world a Wild Card category was but then I kept reading and I don’t know how to feel about it. They basically tell you if you don’t know what part is a sub-genre versus the actual genre through it in there but then state later on to absolutely find out which and not just through your book in a random category. Like they just created a section for that even though they absolutely can’t use it to their advantage for marketing and go against everything they state later on.

I just feel like it’s pointless and that category could’ve gone to almost anything else.

I’m really not a fan of Wattpad these days but I might enter it this year. Simply, because I need a motivator.

5 Likes

Yeah, we need a People’s Choice award to be published.

I would vote for that if I could. You could do that in the early Wattys days. They should bring that back so that they can publish what people want, and they know they will buy.

3 Likes

It would at least encourage people to read things. If I knew that my read meant something to that, it would put pressure on me to read some more.

3 Likes

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone’s mean to you all the time.✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

5 Likes