What do you do when you can't read? ❌ 🤓

Apparently Ao3 (ArchiveOfOurOwn) has been down for over 24 hours and people have been losing their minds (according to Twitter and multiple other Google mentions). I’m curious, what do you do when you can’t get to your favorite reading site?

Some people have shared they’re upset they need to head to Wattpad as a backup :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:.

4 Likes

i’ve been playing a lot of games on my phone ( i even spent $20 on an in game top-up :face_vomiting: ) but i’ve also been reading some books from the library and writing some stuff for my WIP. i can’t use wattpad as a sub fo AO3, the quality is so inconsistent.

3 Likes

These are dark times indeed :sob:.

Nooooo!!!

1 Like

I haven’t touched my wip in so long xD. Are you at least finding some cool stuff at the library? XD

Earlier this year I was reading memoirs and stuff but now i’m really into nature being metal, i guess? I’m reading Death in Yellowstone (2nd edition!!), which is a park ranger that catalogues all the negligent (on the park goers parts) deaths in Yellowstone since the park opened. Next on my list is Rabid, which is the about the history and origins of rabies.

2 Likes

Ooo, cool! I just watched a video of this… very smart woman who dipped her fingers in one of the geysers and then ran off screaming in pain…

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m only on Wattpad maybe I should go to Ao3 when it’s back up…

Anyways, usually I do things like draw or play games like Minecraft and Zelda, or play with my animals. Or sleep :eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t even get me started on mandatory naptime! It’s all I’ve been doing this summer! And yes, come to our side :eyes:. No playing Sims? :joy:

2 Likes

I pick up a published book, like an adult :roll_eyes::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Some people don’t keep books at home and don’t like going outside :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

Lmao can’t relate :see_no_evil: I don’t use WP or Ao3. Sorry those people.

I dunno I’d pick up a “real“ book :wink:

6 Likes

Seems like the “real book” thing is the solution so far, haha.

4 Likes

I’m struggling with “real” books at the moment and their length. Can you suggest to me 5 good books under 150 pages that are interesting? (Yeah, I know I have a TBR pile to get through but I need back into the swing of things lol).

2 Likes

Does this mean I can show all of you the new manga I got? You will be entertained.

1 Like

Share the name of you want and people can look into it. :blush:

1 Like

Kaiji.

You know Kaiji, right?

1 Like

I’ve heard of it before. I think it has an anime, too.

1 Like

Eheheeheheehehe

2 Likes

I need to read Kaiji :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought you got the first volume already.

2 Likes