What if you got all the onomatopoeia wrong? Whacking a bag of chips?

I was looking for ways to describe wind and found the above site. Reading through them, I thought it would be funny if there was a short story where the onomatopoeia were used in unconventional, silly ways.

Instead of a bubbling brook, a snickering brook. Instead of rustling a bag of chips, how about whacking a bag of chips? A cat doesn’t meow, it goes ding-dong. Dogs don’t woof, they whoosh. Make it all wrong for a silly outcome. How about write a story like that?

Idk, just sounded like a fun, funny thing to think about. Not that I’ll ever do it :stuck_out_tongue: Too many projects already.

8 Likes

@NotARussianBot
@J.L.O
@DollyTH
Thought you guys, specifically, might enjoy this.
Other people are also welcomed of course.

2 Likes

The dolphin yelped.

The computer went gobble

The bird mooed.

5 Likes

The dolphin yelped, then went hee-haw and swam away with a whisper.

I looked up cow bird to find a hybrid image…but realized there are actual birds called cowbirds.

Kind of pretty.

4 Likes

They don’t moo though

2 Likes

This sounds so cute, haha. I’ll have to check it out when I’m free later. :blush:

3 Likes

Not exactly what Piers Anthony did with the land of Xanth books, but close enough. All sorts of crazy things happen in those books, puns of sorts.

But you can go all sorts of ways with it.

2 Likes

Do you use a lot of onomatopoeia?

1 Like

Babbling badgers and booming bumblebees (not sure why I’m stuck on B sounds but here we are haha)

4 Likes

It’s called poetry. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Probably more than the average writer, but I doubt it would come across as noticeable all that often.

2 Likes

Computers gobbling is poetic!

1 Like

And an elephant that goes beep-beep…

3 Likes

Babbling Bumbling Band of Baboons

3 Likes

Unless it’s absolutely ridiculous :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or a sheep :wink:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that be a little close to the sheep going baa! baa! or something? LOL!

1 Like

I squelch the cream on my dry, giggling hands and oink off to bed.

I’m stuck on wanting to squelch something. It sounds awful XD

This is essentially madlibs.

2 Likes

What about a wolf going ping-pong

2 Likes

You don’t know this song called Beep Beep Im a Sheep? It’s in reference to that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes