What is the first thing your character does in the story? (include NaNo)

What’s the first thing your character does in the story? Include what you’ve planned for NaNo, too. What will your character do? Thought this might spark motivation :stuck_out_tongue: If the first thing they do is saying something, tell me what they say and why they said that.

Here are mine as examples:
The first thing Jack does in Jack Of All Trades is wait impatiently to be called to the doctors to help him with his migraines he gets from his cursed gift.

The first thing Bethany does in The Rat Girl is parade down the school hall after classes, flaunting her wealth and beauty while also feeling stupid because it’s all a fake identity.

Now, for my NaNo story…
The first thing Sovanna will do in my NaNo story is, well, be birthed, I guess? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m going to pull a Shannon Hale, The Goose Girl and begin with her birth story.

4 Likes

For NaNo my mc is stocking shelves at a bookstore.

3 Likes

Glance and the Blue Prophecy: The first thing my MC does is walk downtown during a festival where she discovers colored magic for the first time (in a world where all magic is gray).

I’m going to try and complete this book during NaNo (anyone else doing a rebel NaNo?), so the first thing my MC does on Nov 1st is partake in a really intense and heartbreaking fight between two of her friends. I’ll be starting off the month absolutely crying :joy:

3 Likes

The Vanishing: The first thing my character does is making her way over to the run down apartment she calls home. To check on her blog: Fangs & Crime.

I’m going to start of NaNo strong. This is the first chapter summary of The Vanishing, Enjoy:

Luna meets Kenji and Ember in the apartment she calls home. It’s abandoned and pretty much run down. It’s her home away from Lenisha Temple. However, she is occupied with the comments she received on the latest story on Fangs & Crime. Kenji and Ember try to get her attention, when they do; Kenji brings up Noe. Ember asks him how he knows so much about Noe and he shows his scrapbook on Noe’s death. Luna reads the articles and clipping and declares Noe their next story. Ember is hesitant. Kenji supports Luna.
When Luna returns to the Temple, she’s met by Rhea. Who scolds her for missing the morning and evening rituals. Rhea shows Luna the tablet, implying she knows about Fangs & Crime. She sends Luna off to bed.

3 Likes

Well NaNo? Baby is just existing at first.

2 Likes

Escapes from the Knights who try to capture and kill her then ends up piloting a mech that she uses to totally wipe out the Knight who were trying to perform a Total Cleansing on her country when they were meant to save it.

That is all I got.

3 Likes

My character dies.

4 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly…

2 Likes

My character makes someone else die.

5 Likes

My character gets shot :joy:

4 Likes

Damn, what the hell did your character do? Who did they piss off?
LOL!

Geez! LOL!

1 Like

My character dreads going to work, so she mixes a drink while watching the morning news to kill time. Then she discovers from the news that one of her patients is an incel and a mass murderer, so she drinks some more. Mornings suck! :cocktail:

3 Likes

A normal bookstore?

I remember that :wink:

A baby being born? Same here.

Ooooh, dramatic!

Is that the…ghost, afterlife story?

Another death, and counting :stuck_out_tongue:

Shot, but not death?

oh my gosh, more death-related beginnings :stuck_out_tongue:

And you guys are so dramatic XD

3 Likes

Very. LOL!

2 Likes

Sure is c:

My only other story is a cutesy middle-grade story about magical cats. Wait … someone dies right off the bat in that one too. :confused:

2 Likes

Goes to a strip club :flushed:

4 Likes

I hate to ask, but did this character make it rain?
Sorry if I came off strong with this question.

1 Like

HAHA no, and he can’t make himself rain either :wink:

1 Like

LOL! :grin:

1 Like