What projects are you working on here recently?

So I was wondering what you all were working on? Anything new and exciting?

For me I am working on my first romance! It’s been pretty fun for the most part, something I am not entirely used to writing but learning that I love it! So how about you? Anything new?

10 Likes

Revisiting an old idea.

3 Likes

Oh what fun! I have a few old ideas that I could revisit but shiny new toys always call my name before I can start working on old ones xD I do have an idea that I finished that does need rewrote :thinking:

1 Like

I am working on two projects. Well, technically one at the moment.

2 Likes

I’m working on my fanfic His Devotion which is the continuation of His Obsession. Is a crossover fanfic of Fifty Shades of Grey and the tv series Mr Robot. I’m also writing on second account a gothic horror romance with the title Corpse Consort.

2 Likes

I have one main project I am working on, and then other little ones on the side when I get an itching for a new project or to work on something else :thinking:

That sounds like an interesting crossover! Not a humongous fan of Fifty Shades of Grey tbh, and I don’t think I’ve seen Mr. Robot but I imagine with the titles Mr. Robot is scifi? So Fifty Shades and Scifi sounds like fun haha! I love gothic horror stuff! That sounds really interesting!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ve often thought about writing romance, but I can never seem to get into it. What’s the inspiration behind your current story?

I’m currently rewriting the first few chapters of my fantasy story, Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound taking place in the World of Elgana. It’s supposed to be the book for my eventual debut which will happen. Soon. Eventually XD The characters are more developed this time around, especially my blue feline MC Pinti, and I’m really enjoying this rewrite and taking time and being okay with it taking time :blush:

But my other story, one I was only editing but paused to work on my rewrite, is poking me to give it some attention again. It’s a magic realism story set in a fictional Egypt-inspired place. It’s the sequel in a duology. I have the first book Alive At Crepusculum done and up on Wattpad. This second book, Dead By Sunrise, is partially up. I’m not liking how much more world building is in the second book compared to the first. I think I need to change that part but haven’t figured out how yet.

I also have a first draft on hold that takes place in the World of Elgana, but around 200, 300 years before Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound. That one is also bugging me :stuck_out_tongue: It’s about a lion girl breaking out of jail and causing a revolution.

3 Likes

It is! If you ever want to read the fanfics (they’re open world, meaning anyone outside the fandoms can read them) i advise starting with His Obsession first. And no, unlike FSOG, Christian Grey actually gets accountability for his actions. Mr Robot is about hacking actually, I consider it a Thriller. Yup! Corpse Consort is about Kaz Kolchek who wakes up in a castle with no memory of his own identity etc. Doesn’t help he is in an arranged marriage to a demon he has never met either. It has a lot of horror elements too.

3 Likes

Basically my MC has given up on love because of all the heartbreak happening around her. Her parents got a divorce at the beginning of the story, and her friends have breakups. So my love interest is an Australian who comes to America for his international studies and immediately catches interest to the MC but she’s a hard nut to crack. She gets to know him but she doesn’t want a relationship. It’s basically a growing into yourself story and learning that not every relationship ends badly.

Dang this sounds interesting! I really love this premise!

All of your works sound interesting lol, I love fantasy I just can’t write it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Ooo I might need to put Mr. Robot on my to watch list

1 Like

It’s definitely worth it! The acting is splendid and you’re at the edge of your seat the whole time.

1 Like

I love a good thriller <3 There’s not enough of them imo

1 Like

I haven’t started it yet as I’m trying to binge watch Criminal Minds before Netflix takes it down. But binge watching this series I’ve definitely been wanting to re-pick up some of my old thrillers and mystery books. As well as start a new one.

2 Likes

I’m working on something about divorce, alcoholism, plastic surgery, incels, mass murder…the usual. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

And good on you for trying something new! I should try writing something I’ve never written before too. It’s supposed to really help your creativity. Good luck with it! ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

2 Likes

Actually, I am going to do two things at once because it will be better for me that way. So, I am going to work on two project that actually work well together.

I know the feeling all too well… it scares me. LOL!

1 Like

Grats.

I decided that I will stay with thriller romance niche this year, and will start working on one once I am done editing for Wattys. I work on the outline for it and fleshing out ideas when I have a bit of time. I am not sure what the second book is going to be this year (I count my years from Watty entry window) but I have a few to chose from.

1 Like

Oh no Netflix is taking off Criminal Minds?! Granted I’ve watched that series so many times but they are always taking off the best shows :sob:

Still that’s amazing! Thriller is so much fun, and I am a humongous crime junkie lol

Thank you! Yes, it has helped a lot and I’ve stuck with it - already almost at 10k which I would have given up on before lol so I am proud of myself for sticking with this project <3

This is probably a good idea! All of my ideas are different from each other generally! More so that I don’t get confused with the tone, even though I am good at going back into tone with a story when I get back into it.

So many are doing thrillers, which I think is amazing! I have quite a few ideas that I could do as well, and the one I am working on now has been on the back burner for a while so it was wanting to be wrote.

3 Likes

Well, it’s a romance. I like writing romances, but I want some action thrown in. Hence, a thriller romance.

1 Like

Ooo a thriller romance sounds amazing tbh, mines more of an angsty romance lol

1 Like

Thank you. Originally one of the project was suppose to be an anthology novel separate from the other project. Now, I came up with an interesting idea to make the anthology a side project once I get to the final product. So, the other novel become the main storyline while the anthology become apart of the main storyline but works as a side novella or something.

Does that make sense or no?

2 Likes