What projects are you working on here recently?

I’m working on some joke for Inkitt, my Wattys entry and two other stories @rubyauthoresque

2 Likes

I still need to restart my second draft of Synthetic: Genesis. I started it but was very unhappy with how it was coming along, so scrapped it and have plans to begin again. Problem is finding motivation. Mental health problems and all that holding me back, but I have an appointment tomorrow to start getting that back on track, so hopefully I’ll be able to write again soon.

2 Likes

I have so much trouble with writing angst, heh. I always veer to sassy and funny.

1 Like

I hope you will get the help you need. Mental health is so hard to maintain in our day and time

4 Likes

Yeah, I kept putting watching it off until the 2nd when I found out they were taking it down. Got to say spending everyday since then binge watching Criminal Minds it’s definitely made me want to pick up mysteries, thrillers, and horror a lot more.

Me too. I grew up watching crime shows and now it’s almost the only thing I watch.

1 Like

Just started a new book recently and havent even finished the first chapter yet. I am trying something new by doing a male character instead of my usual female. I did some research etc it has helped a lot. We will see how he develops throughout my story.

1 Like

still working on rewrite 4 of my novel bc good god it’s hard haha

Hope you have fun writing your romance!

3 Likes

Totally focused on my Fantasy Tale, The Endurlon.

Fleshing out some ideas I have for it, and revisiting some rough drafts to see where they may or may not fit. Also writing some interjections of the Fall of Mundhlor to drop in every few chapters.

SD

2 Likes

I set aside all of my other projects to focus on a 40K word post nuclear war story centered around a girl and her younger brother. I hit the 10K mark pretty fast but I’m taking a break right now to let some ideas solidify.

The fun part to me is finding believable ways to create conflict with so few characters.

2 Likes

Editing one of my main books, finishing off one of my main books and preparing for the next, first draft for a main book, revisiting a hiatus, and writing the first book of my spinoff series

2 Likes

I’m working on an Indian-inspired sapphic fantasy. It’s halfway done, and I’m so excited to get to the good bits, now!

2 Likes

I have like 12 or 13 projects going right now but at the moment I’m working on a sort of dark Red Riding Hood-esque fantasy. Though it’s gotten less Red Riding Hood-esque as it’s developed honestly hahaha

3 Likes

Your story sounds good! Hope you’re having fun with it :wink:

So, if this is your first romance story, what genres do you usually write?

Thanks :grin: When I get around to it, it’ll be even better because I’m planning on a battle during a solar eclipse.

2 Likes

Currently working on 2 WIPs while I edit for Wattys on the side.

My first WIP is an urban fantasy/romance, part of a series but standalone. It’s getting 1 reader on Wattpad, but I’m LOVING writing it. I’m having a love/hate relationship with it right now because I’m just not getting the feedback, however I love it so :person_shrugging:

However, I’ve put it on hold this week because I’ve suddenly, randomly started writing a mystery/thriller with a sprinkle of romance coming later in it. The idea was sort of inspired by ONC prompts and something that’s been on my idea document for a while.
I started planning it a few weeks ago, started writing it last weekend, and I’m now drafting chapter 10…
It’s proving a little difficult with my twists and such, but I’m loving it, it won’t stop flowing out. Which means I’ve put my other WIP on pause for a while. I never do that XD

I feel like I’m finally enjoying writing again. It’s felt like a chore for a while because I can’t not do it, but now I’m finding I’m looking forward to sitting down and doing it :joy:

3 Likes

Dunno what I’ll do, but a decision will be made about it next week, after vacation.

2 Likes

Do you have it posted?

2 Likes

Not yet. I’m planning to post it for some feedback later, but only for a short period as I want to query this book (hopefully)

2 Likes

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Rewrites are hard! I tried doing it with one of my previous ideas, so good luck!

And thank you! I am currently enjoying the romance, which is weird cause I never thought I would tbh

1 Like