What was your hair length in the past vs what it is now?

I was waiting for you.
I shall wait again.

LOL!

1 Like

Never made any big changes with it ever :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

What is it like though, far as length at the moment?

Mid-back I guess would be the closest

1 Like

Awesome!
That is fairly long.

All righty. I’m back and it’s time to take a dive into the past. xD

We shall start from the beginning...

Starting from my youngest self… this is me at age seven.

Bad bangs, but decent cut.

Then we’ll skip to age twelve with my weird looking mullet…

Let’s just say, I don’t miss this hairstyle at all.

Then here we are at age 13-14 with long hair. I rarely brushed my hair because it became super tangled and frizzy, and as I’ve said, didn’t know how to manage it. Unfortunately, I ended up growing this giant nest in the back of my head from not brushing it. Not proud.

But then my sister tried to cut my hair and destroyed it and so I ended up having everything cut.

Then by age fifteen, my hair begun to get longer until…

…I tried to dye it blonde (started it with blonde streaks, which made my hair orange instead) and cut it… which turned into a bowl cut.

And while I would grow it out every now and then, I did pretty much keep it short for a few years.

This is me at eighteen.

But after that, I began to grow it out again.

Here is me at nineteen.

And this was the average length it got before my final cut at age twenty…

As I’ve said, I last cut my hair in 2017. This was what it looked like:

I was twenty-one then. And now here’s my hair growing through the last five or so years…

In 2018…

In 2019…

In 2020…

In 2021…

In 2022…

And in 2023, from Saturday.

But honestly, I typically wear my hair up in a bun (fancy or messy, usually messy) because it gets in my way and I’m always hot lol so it’s not normal to see me with it down… unless it’s cold out or I wanted to be fancy that day.

3 Likes

I’m kinda the opposite. The hair in my profile pic came after cutting hip-length hair. But after a few years (and a kitchen buzzcut during quarantine), I’m back to mid-back length because I missed the man-bun. Along with the addition of a beard around bra-strap length lol.

4 Likes

The longest I’ve ever had it is tailbone length, about a year and a half ago.

Then I cut & donated it, but even that left me with armpit length hair so I’ve never really gone shorter than that.

Now it’s waist length and I am considering going shorter (like shoulder length) for the first time ever, but am worried about it being too poofy/unmanageable and also itchy around my chin lol so maybe not

1 Like

That’s weird that it was pretty much straight when you were a kid and then got wavier and wavier as you got older. Btw you were absolutely adorable! Do you use conditioner on it now, and does that help tame it at all?

2 Likes

I shall tackle the comments later when I get the chance.
Bear with me.

RIP last year of school

You will absolutely 110% not be missed

3 Likes

Forgive me, but when I look at your hair, I feel like in terms of color, you would make a beautiful reddish-brunette or something along those lines?

I don’t know why I instantly thought that.
Forgive me if that crossed some line or something.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Is it shorter now or a different hair color and style or a mixture of all three?

2 Likes
TL;DR I decided I didn't like hair very much

3 Likes

Aww…it’s still cute.
I mean I can’t all that much, but the short hair is still beautiful.

Yeah, I’m not that big on having lots of hair too.
It’s nice, but it can be a pain.

2 Likes

Recently cut my hair from mid-back to neck length.

Once shaved my head, too, lol. That was a… humbling experience, to say the least.

3 Likes

So, that wasn’t your thing, I see?!
LOL!

About hip, it keeps snapping because I bleached it too much (it’s now brown)

Shortest has been just above neck length about 10 years ago. Never again :') I really regret chopping it all off.

1 Like

Not at all, I had to shave it because I melted my hair with bleach, lol. That felt worse than being bald, but was not as hard on the self-esteem. Still, was fun why it lasted. I think if it was a willing thing I’d be more into it

So weird. xD

Haha thanks. xD And I’ve always used conditioner, but when I was younger, my parents always bought the cheapy stuff (they were looking to save money, not to help my hair lol) but when I started buying my own bathroom products a few years back, I started to experiment what works, and I mostly tried things that said it was for curly hair. I use Elvive now and it works wonders. I am wondering about other products, perhaps those that other curly-haired people typically use and swear by, but I’ll have to wait until I can get the funds for it.

:sweat_smile: It’s funny that you mention that since I’ve actually dyed my hair red a few times that made my hair look auburn or like a reddish-brunette. xD

I haven’t dyed it in like seven years because I’m starting to grow white hair which is what I mainly want.

WHAT? WHY? It was so prettttty!!!

3 Likes