What's the most horrifying yet creative curse you could come up with?

You know for a fantasy story?
Have you ever thought of one? Do you know any famous ones that exist?

Tell me in detail.
I shall return. :relieved:

4 Likes

Imagine having all of the most difficult times in your life be serenaded by Barney the Dinosaur.

3 Likes

No, Bad Bunny.

3 Likes

So, you put that in a story or this is something you thought up on the fly?

@JohnnyTuturro: You really hate that guy’s music, huh? LOL!

2 Likes

I stole it from Musical Hell.

1 Like

Oh…

1 Like

@TheTigerWriter
@J.L.O
@alenatenjo
@Akje
@JojoDahlia
@Xelyn_Craft
@SecretDurham

The most horrifying curse for me ? That would be a curse of continuous interruptions, probably in the form of someone else’s children or pets perpetually bothering me so I can’t get any work done.

For a character, it would probably be some kind of variation on Medusa, where a person loses their looks, their freedom and their life through no fault of their own, just because of the wickedness of others. ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⋆)

2 Likes

Imagine being eternally trapped in your middle school years, now that is a curse!

3 Likes

Curses and blessings are the same, so basically, it’s a being’s attention on your life, and whatever it is, its not your will.

So, in Memoirs of a Luna (Begging is for Losers), the attention is what drags the wills of wolves into not being faithful partners, at least at some point in their lives, definitely with urges that they can’t wholly own. Then there’s being a shifter at all. For Rachael, she preternaturally seduces people often even when she doesn’t want to…and she’s a precog (deductive prophet) that’s partially blocked up. It’s crap I wouldn’t want to have.

3 Likes

Is being stuck in your middle school years for eternity a blessing or a curse?

2 Likes

If you wanna call it that :smiley: !

3 Likes

Immortality was the first one to come to my mind. At first it seems like a blessing, but then everyone you know ages and dies, leaving you to mourn them alone.

Another one is having every thought you ever think made public as if you said it out loud. You’d never have any privacy or secrets.

2 Likes

Now when you say “curse” are we talking “curses” as in swearing or “curses” as in magic?

3 Likes

Yes. This is what I mean.

2 Likes

Gotcha.

Well, I’d say the Immortality one is up there. Not quite as bad as the Eternal one which is just nasty. Then there’s the Curse of the Dark Rulers which is also pretty bad. So are Elan’s Curse and the Time Curse.

Those are the only ones I’ve really gone into in my series :thinking:

2 Likes

Could you elaborate more on what those curses do?

2 Likes

Curse, more from my virwpoint. Forever not allowed to change the world. Its a delusion we change it as much as we think we do, but when youre arrested in development at an age where even less rights to are in your grasp, its going to be your own peculiar form of hell.

3 Likes

Immortality - makes Immortals duh
Eternal - one being cursed in all Creation cannot be killed by anything known in existence, possibly not even the Endfire (the end of everything). Still figuring out the details
Curse of the Dark Rulers - throughout history, all the Rulers of the world Terpola have turned evil. It’s said that the First Being Naka (Darkness/Chaos/Evil) possess them and turns them to his will. It’s also said that the Rulers become corrupt with their powers that they lose sight of what’s important. No one is sure which one is true
Elan’s Curse - only one chosen by the First Being Elan can master the power of Eternity. Anyone else who tries will die. No one has ever been known to survive this
Time Curse / Curse of Ixasis - the person who holds the power of Time (as in the Primordial of Time like how there’s a Primordial of Space) always has a tragic death shortly after being chosen to wield the power

3 Likes

Horrifying? Probably cursed to repeat the same day over and over while knowing that is happening to you. Idk if I thought of this or I’ve seen it somewhere.

3 Likes