Which character in your story would use the Death Note to kill?

For those who do not know what a Death Note is, it is a notebook that pretty much kills a person whose name is written in it. In the manga and anime, the Death Note was founded by some teenager named Light Yagami who wanted to rewrite the world by killing those he felt were well horrible people. The Death Note comes was actually dropped by a Shinigami into the world of Japan which kicks things off the for Light Yagami. When people are killed because of the Death Note, it is usually a heart attack or something along those lines.

This is as much as my memory takes me. I only asked this because I have an actual Death Note. Well, not really, it is just a book based on the manga and anime. But it was strictly made to look like the real deal inside. It is a pretty cool prop.

Now, tell me, knowing this which character from any one of your novels would use the Death Note to kill people they do not like?

What do you think?

5 Likes

jill

1 Like

Please donā€™t tell me it is someone named Jack. Yeah, yeah, I know. It was a terrible joke in terrible taste.
Yadda, yadda.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t tend to write people who play around when it is time to kill.

Any of my lawful good/lawful neutral killers would, if they are certain itā€™s a lawful kill.

Like Dreithan. ML for In the Game of the Gods. Dude decapitates another Elf while trying not to skid down a mountain. A notebook wouldnā€™t put him and his partner at risk. Sssyraine took a bad bruise to trap the one they killed, and he took the dudesā€™ head as evidence as well as staring into the manā€™s eyes until brain death finally took hold.

Athelai, MC for Broadside is a mercenary, first. One of the much later scenes has her throwing a sword directly at her Kingā€™s brother for having men block her path back home, in front of her king and would-be husband. A middle scene has her quickly ending that same brotherā€™s lover, as she was ā€œhiredā€ to do.

Harvold Twelvthborn is a mage. That book would be his due to it not being an artifact that you could leave to untrained hands. He already dabbles with favors to a demon, a book is nothing.

Althalos Fourthborn is probably my gentlest of these types of charactersā€“but that is because heā€™s not lawful. Where the law is unfeeling, he will avoid the law. That changes in the 2nd book, but itā€™s because where he has been messes him up.

Any Alpha would. This isnā€™t lawful good, this is a survival of the fittest mentality.

Instead of a ā€œfair pack warā€, one of Nathanielā€™s guys mated with a female sniper and he used her for a killshot on another Alpha before it got far enough to have a fight because, and I quote, ā€œI ainā€™t playing.ā€ Most the rest of the pack would look to their Alpha before making the decisionā€“just the way they are wired.

Thea has moments where she would readily write her own mateā€™s name in that book without a care. Thereā€™s plenty of ā€œlesser peopleā€ who would be easier to get out the way like that.

2 Likes

Bellamy would honestly use one. He understands the importance and usefulness of killing in the right situations but he doesnā€™t actually like to do it, so it would provide a much cleaner way for him to take care of people who need to die.

Also Fallon would use it to kill one specific person.

2 Likes

Okay, so, I was going to say my immortal assassin Richard, but then I realized he probably wouldnā€™t want to use tools like that. He likes to do it himself. He likes to get up close and personal with murder.

Maybe my charismatic jerk, Jack. Not to kill Jill XD lol, I copied you XD
Jack, at the end of his story, could use with a handy-dandy notebook! (itā€™s a Blueā€™s Clues reference. a childrenā€™s show)

3 Likes

LOL!

1 Like

The killer in my book is named Kyle, and his goal is to kill every woman in the worldā€¦or at least all the ones in his home town. If he could do that just by writing the word ā€œwomenā€ in a notebook, heā€™d love that! Ł©(Ė˜ā—”Ė˜)Ū¶

Did you ever watch the anime? I got halfway through the manga, then quit when you-know-who died. It just wasnā€™t the same after thatā€¦one day I want to see the anime, though.

1 Like

See my first thought was my demon Dom but then I realized thereā€™s no way heā€™d miss out on the fun part of murder :joy:

I watched the anime, but I have not read the manga.

1 Like

Oh, Beira would love to use a death note to get rid of her nemesis, but I donā€™t know if it would work since that nemesis is a goddess. I guess it depends on how powerful the magic is.

I donā€™t think any of my other characters have it in them to kill someone.

2 Likes

all of them

2 Likes

Haha!

Pissy.

Nah, kidding. Iā€™d put Rico Marquez as a name and line them up and let the book kill all three generations of them :flushed:

2 Likes

Deimos

1 Like

Wait, you have a character named Pissy?
Like for real? LOL!

1 Like

True, immediately lol.

theyā€™re the only one who comes to mind right away and without a doubt, but iā€™m sure out of 300+ characters, with a little time I could reason out who else would scribble a name down.

1 Like

Yeah, his real name is Christian but everyone calls him Pissy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s embarrassing and awkward. LOL!

1 Like

Sara and Malika both have similar moral compasses, yet Saraā€™s more likely to use it freely. Malika would use it only on very terrible people

2 Likes