Who are you and what are you doing? [an intro to you]

Alena. She/her

IUP2

Book 1 of the Inter-Universal Protectors Series has been published on Amazon and Kindle so I’m now working on book 2 which carries on straight from that. Finishing the Item Hunt and the whole saving Creation thing

The Young Ones

This is my latest Wattpad book and is book 1 of The Photon Cycle. Written from Hathor’s perspective. Covers life at the Academy, her getting used to her powers and role, and an ancient prophecy :eyes:

I have no idea

When I was 10

• Farm girl
  • Love skiing
  • Aussie
  • Make all my own graphics (yes this applies to Amazon, too)
  • Total introvert
1 Like

Important question:

Tell me how you got published :open_mouth: Self-published?

2 Likes

Self. Am on Amazon and have two works there. I can link if you want to have a look

1 Like

I want to know the process.

The process after you finished the first draft and then the self-editing. What did you exactly do? Because I’m trying to figure out how to best go about this on a budget :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I wrote the first draft over ten years ago. Then spent the next ten years on and off developing. Only really got into it three years ago. Finished the final version last year outside of university. Made my own covers. Did my own editing. Built my own website. And when everything was good to go, my parents (who have finally accepted I’m NOT going into stem sort of) funded the stuff because I was job hunting (and they decided to be supportive). Then my dad and grandmother did most of the bragging advertising to the point I made the local paper a week after publishing and got into the regional library last week). Overall, it cost about . . . [insert mental math] close to $1K AUD. And so far I’ve made [insert more mental math] $150-200 AUD

So that’s 10 years, a university degree in creative writing, about 15 drafts, 3 final copies and 1 overall published version that went out end of last year

1 Like

So you did all the editing and formatting yourself?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

My Gatcha game is doing an evernt, so that’s taking g up a great deal of spare time for the next two weeks. Le sigh. Working on Maysie’s Galaxy to the end.

1 Like