Who’s doing NaNo this year?

NaNo 22 is coming up real fast so who’s doing it this year? How do we feel about it and what’s your book about? Will it be your first draft?

5 Likes

Not me. I wanted to but I can’t be bothered with that.

I am! I’m gonna be a rebel, though, and keep working on my wip, which is sitting at chapter 49 now. Good luck to you! ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

5 Likes

reluctantly raises hand

5 Likes

I’m gonna give it another go this year! :slight_smile: the only thing I’m nervous about is finishing the story and it not reaching 50k, and I haven’t decided on the tone for the narrative yet.

4 Likes

I’ve competed a few times but I’ve never actually finished the 50k goal. I wanted to but I got distracted and stopped after like 20k words. I’m doing the same book again this year but maybe this time I’ll make it to 30k before Nano is over! That would be a great goal for me.

Even 10k is a great amount of work to have done!

3 Likes

Have you done Nano before?

2 Likes

I’m working on the same book forever and tried to do it last year for nano so I’m going to do it again. I’m going to keep doing it until I get the first draft done. Then I might do it again for another year.

2 Likes

We could add each other on Nanowrimo and follow each other!

3 Likes

Works for me! I follow everyone who follows me. ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

https://nanowrimo.org/participants/akje

2 Likes

i’ve never completed it but this will be my 4th consecutive year participating. how about you?

2 Likes

I’ve done it twice but not in a row. This will be my third year in total.

2 Likes

well good luck to you! third time’s the charm and whatnot

2 Likes

I plan to, just not done anything for it.

3 Likes

I plan to do NaNo this year. It’ll be my first year. I’ve always wanted to join in, so I’m excited and nervous.

I’m working a new old project. Old concept, totally new plot and POV. So it’s partially a first draft.

It’s about two students who get what are essentially clues to a crime that’s going to happen and they try to
figure it out to prevent it. Except they don’t get there in time and become suspects.

5 Likes

I wasn’t originally going to just because I don’t have the time, but my library is doing live write-ins for NaNoWriMo and I decided to do it just because of that. xD

Though, I’m gonna be a NaNoWriMo Rebel because I’m not going to start a new book and write 50,000 words. I’m gonna continue working on my current novel which is in its second draft (currently revising it as I write this), and yes, this means that it’s completely finished. So, my main goal is to continue revising and hopefully get halfway through a third revision. Supposedly, the “NaNoWriMo goal” would be to revise roughly 150 pages for the month just so it balances out with the “novel in a month” thing, you know? I’ll also be word counting to see the differences, haha.

As for what my book is about, it’s a YA sci-fi fantasy—the first in a four book series. It takes place in the far future with magical creatures surviving on a dystopian-like Earth, trying to get away from an intergalactic war when the war continues to follow everyone anyway, and my main character who is a soldier and a captain, decides to be a dumb badass and tries to end the war with his small crew. It comes with many various elements, like a quest, some mystery, some spooky and grotesque vibes, but also lots of magic and crazy stuff that clashes the two genres together completely.

5 Likes

I need the utmost encouragement.

4 Likes

I’m strongly considering it. I only started outlining a new idea a week ago, but I do wanna write it soon. Dunno if I’ll be successful this year, though; reaching word count was already tough for me in 2020 without a fulltime job draining my willpower.

5 Likes

I try to do it every year, and this year I created a writing club for my school so I’m gonna get the members to try it out :DD

4 Likes

Yep! For the first time ever I’m being a NaNo Rebel. I’m 11 chapters into an urban fantasy romance, and it’s such a big project I wanted to start early, so here we are.
It’ll be my 11th year and hopefully 11th win!

4 Likes