Writing Prompt of the Week: April 24-30 (Fantasy & Sci-Fi (Speculative Fiction))

Review Badge_Legendary-icon

Welcome to the 45th Writing Prompt of the Week!

:fired_up:

GUIDELINES:

For a refresher on the guidelines, see this topic here:

DISCUSSION:

The chat feature will be enabled for the category (not individual topics). Please keep any extraneous conversation about the prompt, submissions, etc in the chat channel. We’d like to keep the topics clean and for submissions ONLY.

If you’ve got more questions, please ask in the Writing Prompts chat channel (tag CJ or the mods).

Week of April 24-30
Submissions: April 24-28
Voting: April 29-30
Winner Badge Awarded: May 1

Fantasy & Sci-Fi

Fantasy and Sci-Fi encompasses the broad genres, from paranormal to space opera to high fantasy to aliens. All things fantastical, magical, futuristic and paranormal are allowed in these prompts. There should be at least one of these elements in your submission.

This Week’s Prompt

Your protagonist finds out the best assassin in the kingdom is the princess, but no one else knows.

1 Like
The King tasked me with finding the best assassin in town and take him to palace. He believes their presence is needed because they're the only one who can kill the Blue Blooded Dragon.

I’ve pretended to search for them for over one month, even though I learnt the truth in a matter of hours. Linnaea Baldwin, the King’s beloved daughter, is actually the best dragon slayer in the realm, but no-one knows.

Everyone, including the King and Queen themselves, expect her to just sit still and stay pretty while overlooking her amazing combat skills. She herself is very confident in her abilities and thinks she can be an asset to the kingdom’s army.

Every other assassin I brought to court was just bait to appease the King and hide the princess’ secret. She spends more time at the stables or in the forest with me than with her sisters or the other ladies at court. She doesn’t think anyone is ready to learn her secret, or that her father will accept that she outskills men.

But I think she is. We can’t waste any more time. The Blue Bloodied Dragon poses a huge threat to the realm, and we must kill him before he destroys our town.