šŸ“– Your Feelings On Fanfic? šŸ“š

Itā€™s fun to see the creativity flow through to switch something people can either love or hate around to feel even more intense emotions or have a new view.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that a Disney or Pixar movie? I vaguely remember the nameā€¦ Either Iā€™m old :older_woman:t5: or youā€™re young :baby:ā€¦ And you better not call me old :rofl:.

2 Likes

Lmao it was a webcomic that garnered a very infamous audienceā€¦. it was self-published from 2009-2015. Maybe youā€™re thinking of ā€œHomeā€?

2 Likes

Wait! Yes! I know about both! I mixed them but yes!

2 Likes

Honestly, so long as itā€™s well written and the entire thing isnā€™t just sex, I think fanfic is pretty good.

2 Likes

I remember learning about ā€œlemonsā€ from fanfic :rofl:

3 Likes

I have been wanting to write a sort of unofficial novelization of Memento Mori, an idle rpg whose soundtrack and visual style puts some pc games to shame!

I also wanted to write Cirno from Touhou avenging the faries who were made into potion ingredients in the Carry On universe.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never heard of these 0.0 I feel like I need to go Google haha

1 Like

Memento Mori was recently released but Touhou might be one of the oldest fanbases that is still currently active and very large.

1 Like

It gives me early 2000s mmorpg vibes.

1 Like

Hehe itā€™s a bullet hell but it was released in that time period

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you will hate me or love me for this but the same year Twilight was released, Powerwolf released their first album.

I donā€™t care if youā€™re Team Edward or Team Jacob, you can probably agree that these guys have the worst traits of both monsters.

1 Like

I think you showed this before. But we talked about how twilight was fanfic earlier :rofl:

1 Like

I just gotta say these guys and the Iron Maiden zombies are more threatening than a lot of horror villains these days.

1 Like

I wrote fanfiction. No regrets. Iā€™m proud of the stories I wrote. Even that very first one.

Iā€™m focused on original fiction now, and frankly, I donā€™t have time for fanfics anymore. But I have no regrets. If I had the time, I would write it still, but if I have to choose between my own or fanfic, Iā€™ll prioritize my own.

5 Likes

Iā€™m getting an inkling many writers start out with fanfic hehe

4 Likes
3 Likes

Woah! Cool!!!

1 Like

I havenā€™t read much fanfic besides this fiendishly clever My Immortal-esque fanfic of one of my books someone wrote, but Iā€™m generally in favor: imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 Like

Fanfic has its place.
Personally, Iā€™ve ā€œoutgrownā€ it. I used to read so much of it, and wrote a ton of it - even when I was eighteen. It was my escape and helped my creativity when I felt like I had none left due to personal life, circumstances and being busy.
I read a lot even up to a few years ago but my tastes arenā€™t popular anymore, so it;'s hard to find good fanfic XD

I started out writing novel length fanfic, so it helped me a lot when I was starting to take writing seriously, to get me used to writing and length etc.

Now Iā€™m far too busy writing my own original stuff, reading books on my ridiculous TBR and home life to make time for fanfic on top.

3 Likes