Ask the Team!

Happy New Year!! :wave:

So Iā€™ve been thinking on making a game thread for different kind of game. Actually, more like a spinoff than anything since this is still under the same community. But Iā€™m not sure if a single person can have more than one game thread? We know that an identical thread will result from the older thread from getting closed, but this is not the same thread. So the question is, can I create the new thread and keep it coexist harmonically with the other thread? I want to have two different kind of game without interrupting/disturbing each other.

A ā€œJoe mommaā€ joke? Depends on the context and the dynamics at play. If itā€™s spammed on too many threads, itā€™ll be categorized under spam.

1 Like

Youā€™re allowed to have multiple game threads but that also means double the moderation and possible penalty you have to face so itā€™s up to you on whether you want to go through that trouble or not.

1 Like

Hey everyone :smiley: Hope you are doing well :heart:

I keep getting this ā€œApp isnā€™t availableā€ message whenever I log in our app:

Can you please help? :smiley:

Feel free to move this post elsewhere if it doesnā€™t fit here.

So Wacky doesnā€™t have an app per se. I think Discourse proper does, and you can add forums youā€™re a member of to that app. But Android phones I know have the ability to make ā€œshortcutsā€ to your favorite sites and treat them in a similar fashion to standard apps. Iā€™d recommend using your browser and navigating to the forum from there and see if thereā€™s an option to make it a shortcut from the browser. If you have a shortcut from likeā€¦.a little less than a year ago, weā€™ve switched servers since then and it might be why the shortcut you have isnā€™t working.

2 Likes

Will do. Thanks! :heart:

Hello. Is Wacky getting a gif update? (A gif button to search for and insert a gif).

I saw other discourse forums that have it on mobile (I believe it would be on the bottom). They mentioned something extra has to be done to enable it, I donā€™t remember what that was.

1 Like

I can definitely look into it. We had it at one point but it didnā€™t work well at the time. Iā€™ve been reviewing a few functions to try and get them working, including the ā€œfollowingā€ feature.

3 Likes

I wish Iā€™d saved that link. When scouring the tech forums I saw someone complain about the button not being visible and someone offered a solution that worked.

And now it will bother me.
I wonder if itā€™s still in my history.

Found it. Hopefully this is the only issue.

1 Like

Hi, is there a way my username can be changed? I donā€™t see the option to do so under preference and I want my username to match my wattpad username, which is dj_thecrazycatlady. Can anyone assist with changing it, please? Iā€™d greatly appreciate it! :heart:

2 Likes

Hey there! Yep, in order to get your username changed all you need to do is private message @/moderators with your request and desired name exactly how you want it to look. Your username can only change once every three months, so choose carefully. :blush:

I can change it for you now though as long as youā€™re in agreement with the three months thing.

1 Like

Awesome, yes! Thank you so much for the information. Iā€™m perfectly okay with the 3 month rule as dj_thecrazycatlady is a pretty darn good username (right?) So yes, please and thankiess! :heart:

2 Likes

Agreed! :joy::purple_heart: And done! XD

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you so much again! I appreciate it, greatly! :heart:

2 Likes

Np!

2 Likes

I canā€™t remember if I already sent a request to the roleplaying and games group, but when I click the link it doesnā€™t allow me to send a request. Does that mean I am already a member?

1 Like

Hi! Yes, youā€™re already in the group :blush:.

Ok, lol, thank you and forgive my terrible memory!

1 Like

Youā€™re good! Enjoy the games!

1 Like