Ask the Team!

Yes, but if you can get us your username from old forums we can bump you up to your old level here!

1 Like

As previously explained I understand what the game is and though it is under another name it is the same category with games such as:

• D&D
  • CHAMPIONS NORRATH
  • STAR WARS KNIGHTS OLD REPUBLIC.
  • DRAGON AGE INQUISITION.
  • TALES FROM CANDLEKEEP TOMB OF ANNIHILATION.
  • SHADOWRUN DRAGONFALL.
  • DIVINITY.

Some can be played on table top but it is a very popular subculture on Reddit and 4Chan but Iā€™m sure yours has slight abbreviation.

Interactive submissions are role playing.

Mods of the forum can not at this moment keep an eye on something like that because whereas the majority of users want good clean fun some can slip through the cracks.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: First of all, thank you to the entire team and @CJtheSiteWizard for putting this together and so quickly :open_mouth: When I heard about it I thought it was going to be just a temporary pop-up forum until further notice kind of thing, but look at this beauty :open_mouth:

Iā€™m excited to see what WW has to offer :wink:

Second, I have some questions about posting pictures. I read through the rules and regulations and it says no posting pictures. I understand where youā€™re coming from. Pictures, gifs, videos can really get out of hand and itā€™s probably hard to manage. I didnā€™t post all that many pictures in the other forum, but sometimes I did. So Iā€™m wondering,

Can we post pictures or videos related to writing research?
Example: Discussion about dragons in fiction. Posting a picture of a dragon that you used for inspiration in your story. The picture might be something grabbed from Google Images. Or, in the discussion of ā€œwhat inspired this storyā€, posting a video pulled from YouTube. But, in both cases, not claiming them as your own.

If we canā€™t post any pictures pulled from the web, can we post pictures as long as itā€™s not copyright infringing?
Example: Sending pictures to people who have requested covers, ā€œHow is this photo?ā€ and itā€™s from sites like Unsplash or other websites that provide stock photos?

Can we post covers pulled from Pinterest or Google Images when requesting a cover?
As an occasional cover designer, there have been times when Iā€™ve asked people for inspirational covers so I have a sense of what they want. It was especially helpful when they didnā€™t know the cover designing vocabulary. It was also helpful when I would order covers as well.

Last question,
What are the rules with faceclaim?
Personally, I donā€™t make faceclaim covers, but I am curious what the rules on that are. It does concern me a little though when asking for a character drawing. Sometimes I need face inspiration for the artist and have to pull things from Pinterest or Google Images. Sometimes the artist asks for inspiration which is often real people.

===

Sorry about all the questions XD You might not have been able to think this far into the details yet. These are just some concerns and questions I had basing them off of previous experiences and wanting some clarification with the rules and regulations :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can mods see the PMs of other users? (ie. can they see conversations that theyā€™re not a participant of)

We are too. :sweat_smile: Itā€™s been an adventure so far!

I think you might be referring to this?

MEDIA
Media includes images, videos, GIFs, and sound clips. To help keep the site a safe space for everyone to create and discover content, we may remove images that donā€™t follow our content guidelines. The following media is not allowed, and will be removed:
ā€¢ Media containing full exposure of any private parts, such as genitalia, breasts, and buttocks.
ā€¢ Media displaying sexual intercourse, or any other sexual act, regardless of whether private parts are visible.
ā€¢ Media displaying self-harm or suicide. This content can potentially trigger other users.
ā€¢ Images of people posted without their consent, except for public figures and celebrities. That person you like? Yeah, they didnā€™t ask to be posted here, donā€™t do that.
ā€¢ Any other media which captures an illegal act. If you can go to jail, it wonā€™t sail. Donā€™t post that here.
ā€¢ Wacky Writers has the right to remove any media deemed unfit for the site.

Itā€™s not that we donā€™t want media posted, we just donā€™t want certain kinds of dangerous media posted. :slight_smile: Youā€™re welcome to post pictures and stuff!

We follow all copyright rules as is based on U.S. law, so yes of course Unsplash and any other stock photo sites are welcome. As long as an image falls under creative commons law, itā€™s fine, as long as nobody is profiting off of it. Making money off someone elseā€™s copyrighted image is a big no-no (unless youā€™re given written permission).

Celebrities and public figures are exempt from our ā€œno posting pictures of real peopleā€ rule, so faceclaims are perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

Never apologize for questions, the more you ask, the more everyone understands how we would like this community to function. :blush: Also thank you for understanding we may not have quite all the answers yet as we get established here. :sweat_smile:

-CJ

3 Likes

Moderators cannot, but I can, as the site administrator. This is for safety reasons in case a user is being harassed via PM or something illegal occurs (think underage child-adult conversation) and a user needs assistance from an admin.

Let me take this opportunity to provide an official statement regarding this functionality:

I will not, under any circumstances, violate the privacy of private messages between users except if:

• A user specifically asks me to take a look at a message thread.
  • I am tagged in said message thread for the purpose of bringing the thread to my attention.
  • A user flags a private message and needs admin intervention.
  • There is an imminent threat to a userā€™s safety.
  • In a situation where I am required to by law.*

Please note:

• Your private messages will never be copied, screenshotted, or in any other way reproduced digitally or physically without your express permission.
  • Your private messages and any flags raised in said messages will be handled by me, not a moderator.
  • Your private messages will not be shared with other users of the site, including moderators, unless explicitly requested by one of the private message participants.
  • Your private messages will never be sold to third-parties.

If anyone has any additional questions about this, Iā€™m happy to answer them - I am an open book.

-CJ

*P.S. Here is a link to the Enforcement Section of our Terms of Service and our Privacy Policy if you would like to look over them and ask any follow-up questions.

6 Likes

For some odd reason the forum wonā€™t accept any posts which contain code comments:

<!-- Hello World ā†’

Any chance we can get that implemented again?

Hey Sock,

Glad to see you posting. :slight_smile:

We disabled that to discourage ā€œblank postsā€ from users as thatā€™s the common knowledge code.

Is there a specific reason you need that particular line?

CJ

2 Likes

Great, that sounds good and makes sense to me. Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome! Great question!

2 Likes

Since we canā€™t use stylesheets, some of my codes get really messy really quickly. The comments really just let me annotate which span does what.

1 Like

Understandable (I empathize completely, having done lots of the same).

We have to keep that one on lockdown for the reason I mentioned before, but I will brainstorm and see if I can come up with an alternate solution for you. As we get more established, I imagine we will revisit and reconsider, assuming we donā€™t have anyone trying to abuse it.

2 Likes

Would you at least consider turning it on until the 12th of August when the forums close xD?

I have lots of code tucked away in random places (all of which use comments) and itā€™s a huge pain editing them all individually.

1 Like

Let me talk to the team about it. Mostly weā€™re just trying to discourage people from the blank posts as I mentioned. Is it possible for you to copy/paste them into a text document or anything for the time being? Just in case?

2 Likes

Mkay.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for answering all my questions :smile: Really clears up everything nicely.

Just a minor thing, I like that the heart button becomes pink :wink:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m back :wink:

I noticed thereā€™s no place to share writing resource books. I have a book on world building that I think would be helpful. Where could I share this?

1 Like

We just added a new SYS category under Non-Fiction for Writing Resources. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great :smile:

1 Like