old chicken thread from 2023

I haven’t been here much :joy:

2 Likes

Its been a veeery slow road due to academics and some burnout, but I’m getting close to finishing Sapphire Wings. I’m thinking another 2 or 3 chapters to wrap things up, plus I’ve got an idea for an epilogue.

There’s another story in the planning/conceptualizing stage, mostly figuring out who the characters are and what the world looks like. I already feel this will have more complex worldbuilding than Sapphire Wings had, since it involves a magic system and a main character that researches certain types of magic. Also magic-powered androids, gotta figure how those work :stuck_out_tongue:

Between Sapphire Wings and that story though? I’m thinking of writing something shorter or simpler, I think my mind could benefit from that before diving into the above story idea.

2 Likes

Currently? Maybe 450 prompts, so far.
100 in:
After Death
Werewolves
Vampires
Sirens (won’t be “finished” until it’s at 150 prompts)

Tentative chapters:
Aliens
Fanfic Mashups
Obscure Gods
Cheating

Minimum of 2 more chapters, all filled to 100 prompts before I start releasing chapters. Basically 1,000 prompts in 10 chapters with continuing chaoters when I’m bored.

To show the difference in how these can range:

Vampires:

1. The mind fills in information with what has already been seen before instead of truly seeing everything. When vampires aren’t seen in mirrors it’s because something about them does not register to the mind at first glance, but if you’ve seen this being for a long time, you will see it in mirrors. So, the sign of a vampire is not wholly being unseen, but on the occasions, when you can’t process their existence, you don’t see them. So your boyfriend of 4 years starts disappearing from mirrors when you’re not focused on them …
  1. Vampire Island.

Its just aomethi g to trigger a story OR give it a subplot or theme to “enrich” an existing story.

2 Likes

Currently snailing my way through editing the second draft of the second book in my series. I want to have a nice buffer of chapters to post throughout Wattys season.

Taking a minor break from writing for a bit to redo one of my character’s reference sheet in time for Artfight though ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

2 Likes

Holy hell, researching for prompts comes across some crazy ideas…

1 Like

Wacky Page

Website

I do need to fix up the Wacky page :sweat_smile:

Currently closed because I was overseas and needed to do a big redevelopment but it will be open again next month. Prices and everything can be found in both links

1 Like

Yes, it was very different. :sweat_smile:

A planet called Gnorilia or Alagossia 2.0!
:rofl:

1 Like

this is so funny because i haven’t. been working on any writing projects!! i’ve had college stuff and ap exams (those come out a week from now) so everything has been delayed. i suppose that i will start writing soon again

2 Likes

I would if I could properly explain them…I haven’t made sense of them yet…

1 Like

Like…?

Photon Editing! XD That’s so you. I love that name.

1 Like

Sorry, I read that as Gorilla :stuck_out_tongue:

What are all the different worlds you have? I feel like since the last we talked, you made a bunch more.

1 Like

Ooof, that’s tough :sweat_smile: Hope you’re able to get good breaks in and not burn up.

1 Like

I see. So they’re kinda fuzzy?

1 Like

Indeed they are.

1 Like

Some of them are more straightforward, like:

B29. Too many mermaids have been snatched up by humans. Mermen have now become aggressive towards women adventuring in the sea, which causes the “women are bad luck” superstition.

But I think I was looking at this one:

B17. German culture: Sir Lawrence and his mermaid (water nymph) have a child (which causes her to age). He cheats, she curses him to stop breathing if he ever sleeps again.

2 Likes

I spelled it wrong too. Geez! LOL!
It’s actually Gnorlia instead. :sweat_smile:

At the moment Gnorlia and the reincarnated Alagossia. I say that because I think I would Alagossia for stories that I can actually see myself using in short stories or fanfiction for some reason.

Gnorlia is STRICTLY meant for my original fiction only and nothing else.

So, with my revived Alagossia, I already have a fanfiction story that I am acting as the setting for the story.

So, I got only two fictional worlds and nothing else.

1 Like

1 Like

Going to finish applying for fraternity rushes today, and maybe go for a walk after. In the evening, I need to pack for a trip.
Right now, I’m reading Nomad by James Swallow, and maybe in half an hour I can get in a few episodes of Clone Wars? We’ll see…
Trying to enjoy the summer before it fizzles away.

2 Likes

I’m working on something that’s not a traditional narrative, but I’ve been having writer’s block.

1 Like