šŸŽ‰ :wackywriters: It's Our First Wackiversary!! :wackywriters: šŸŽ‰

anyone else feel like their writing isntt quite good enough for such a beautiful website? :rofl:

9 Likes

I have an adblocker on, so I assume thatā€™s whatā€™s giving the funny results

1 Like

OH another feature I forgot to mention, if youā€™re on mobile, you can swipe left and right between chapters to navigate while youā€™re reading. :smirk:

8 Likes

Probably lol

2 Likes

also you can edit your book on mobile (and it ACTUALLY WORKS WITHOUT BEING MISERABLE)

7 Likes

I thought you were when you guys asked those questions on the forums a while back hehee

But honestly, this siteā€¦ I just. Iā€™ve only been working on uploading my book and honestly, the way you do the chapters and writing is just so freaking easy. I LOVE IT

Youā€™re honestly amazing, to have done all this. :heart:

7 Likes

Are there plans to make books visible without logging in? One thing I like about Wattpad is that I can share the link for people to read without having the hassle of registering for an account and logging in.

Iā€™ve been spotted! :eyes::see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Do they have a tab function so I can indent paragraphs?

4 Likes

For now, no. I might revisit it once we see how things are progressing.

Iā€™m SO glad. The whole mod team has been helping me figure out the best and most logical way to upload content, so thank them too for all their input lol.

Thereā€™s not a tab function per se, but thereā€™s a ā€œtextā€ tab that you can access which allows you to wrap all your content in this code (or similar):

<div style="text-indent: 20px;">Content here</div>

And that will indent every paragraph for you.

7 Likes

Oh, yesā€¦this is exactly how I feel. But I might get over myself eventually and upload the story Iā€™ve been working on.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s the 1 thing that pissed me off on wattpad.

3 Likes

We tried to take into consideration what actual writers want and need to use a site as well as how readers consume said writing. Formatting is so important for so many different reasons, as is scheduling and legibility etc, so Iā€™m hoping weā€™ve tackled most of the things we see many writing sites lacking these days.

9 Likes

I had to manually enter spaces and every edit would take the suckers out, automatically.

I quit fighting with it, but that indent is crucial in dense writing so your brain registers a paragraph break.

2 Likes

Just a question, but do read counts also include the authorā€™s own reads? I donā€™t want to unintentionally inflate my read count but I canā€™t stop admiring the formatting :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I donā€™t think it does; I scrolled through all my chapters to check for errors but didnā€™t see my view count go up.

4 Likes

They do, but read counts only count once every 24 hours. So you canā€™t just keep refreshing a page to inflate your read count. :wink:

10 Likes

I like reading my own stuff. That crap annoys me, too.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll get there eventually lol, but rnā€¦yeeks

7 Likes

Look, ever since I read a PAID novelist who put Turgid Nipples in their romance, Iā€™ve realized that people are too hard on themselves.

Lol

2 Likes