Murder Mystery

When is the only time she could have returned?

1 Like

The Hamilton’s company or specifically the Hamiltons themselves or specifically only Hamilton left: Lisa.

Lisa. She would probably rather spend the money on her father’s cancer treatment or traveling and clothes than paying people’s families in repercussions for the devices that killed them

2 Likes

Between 5:25 and 6:40am :eyes:

1 Like

That’s exactly right and more specifically we can probably point to around 6:00am because that’s when Lisa’s neighbor said she heard a car starting on Lisa’s father’s lot. Lisa said it’s about a 10 minute drive between the two locations, and forensics reports that Richard and Anna were shot around 6:10am. Of course Lisa wouldn’t know that the camera would be off at that time because the fact that it was off had to do with Jason wanting to conceal his business with Rhonda Jones and she wasn’t privy to that.

2 Likes

THE REVEAL @A_fabulous_find @DollyTH

What happened: Richard Hamilton was facing all sorts of criticism and lawsuits for selling defective safety devices. To clear his company’s name, he tried to video tape himself releasing carbon monoxide into his own home to show that his air filter would capture all of the poisonous gas and leave him unharmed.

But, it turns out his customers were right – his air filters don’t work! The carbon monoxide suffocated him. He realized that he was using a defective air filter midway through, and tried to smash his window to escape, but he couldn’t do it in time. He died by his own hand – on accident. The video camera even captured all of this, but the footage was later deleted and whoever deleted it didn’t want anyone to see that Richard’s death was an accident.

Because a ventilation shaft connected Richard’s room to Anna’s, Anna died as well in the same way. The scratch marks on her neck were her own as she clenched her neck as she was struggling to breathe in air.

But that doesn’t explain the gunshot wounds. It’s true: Richard and Anna were shot long after they already died. They were shot to make it look like Richard and Anna were murdered.

They were shot by Lisa, Richard’s own wife. Lisa did not care much for her husband or daughter and was not sad to see them go. In fact, she was happy to receive the money for her and her sick father. But that money was all going to disappear if people found out that Richard died because his air filters failed to protect him. Lisa saw Richard dead in the master bedroom. When she viewed the recording that Richard made, she saw exactly why he died: because his air filter was defective. This was a truth that could cost her countless of dollars if people knew about it: dollars she could be putting to her sick father.

Lisa knew that she had to erase the evidence. And so she staged a murder. She deleted the footage on the camera which showed Richard dying by his own hand: that’s why her fingerprints are on it. Then, she took the rifle from the gunrack and she shot Richard and Anna to make it look like they were killed.

Now, if Lisa was going to get away with convincing people that Richard and Anna were murdered, she needed somebody to pin the murder on.

Ivy.

Lisa hated Ivy. She hated Ivy for her affair with Richard even though Richard coerced Ivy into it. But Lisa didn’t care: she was going to have Ivy take the fall for the whole thing. Lisa shot Richard and Anna, she hid the gun in her father’s house to give the alibi that she was away from the manor the whole night, and then she pointed the finger at Ivy so that Ivy could be taken off to prison while Lisa was left alone to enjoy her inheritance money.

Fortunately, thanks to the work of Detective T @DollyTH and Detective Shadia Windsor @A_fabulous_find, Lisa is not going to get away with it.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I missed the part about Ivy. That makes so much sense that she would pin it on Ivy.

1 Like

MYSTERY SOLVED! @A_fabulous_find @DollyTH :partying_face:

@DollyTH Congrats on your first mystery!! I hope you enjoyed it!

2 Likes

THIS JUST IN! Riverview Weekly EXTRA SPECIAL EDITION

• Front Page: The Mystery of Hamilton Manor SOLVED!
  • By Nick Opaka

A top-notched detective duo of Detective Windsor and Detective T just unraveled the mystery behind the Hamilton deaths! These detectives are part of a growing private detective agency known as the “Coeus Private Agency” run by small businessowner Shelly Trombly. The whole of Riverview thanks them for their service in putting an end to the mystery and unraveling Lisa Hamilton’s sinister plot to frame the innocent Hamilton maid, Ivy.

Mayor Kimberly Locke comments: “Well I’m just glad Riverview has some of the best detectives you could ask for. I am confident justice for Lisa will be carried out: in prison. The Mayor’s Office is sponsoring a charity drive to ensure that her father is taken care of in her absence.”

Hamilton Industries now faces bankruptcy from devastating lawsuits given the new revelations that Hamilton air filters are defective! It would take a miracle for them to pull themselves out of this PR crisis as they’ve been court-ordered to pay millions to customers who have suffered from their defective products. Hamilton Industries executive Leo Peters declines to comment.

What could be next for this new detective team? Only time will tell. But today, we rest easy knowing that justice has been served.

Article Two: Can We Win the Drug War by Simply Consuming All the Drugs? I Jump Headfirst into a Pool Filled With Nothing But Coca-Cola to Find Out

• By Jed I. Knight

[text omitted]

Ad: Mysterious disappearances inside Owl Eye’s Inn – police scrambling to find answers – investigators desperately needed – inquire within

2 Likes

This was so fun and funny and made my brain work! I love a good mystery xD. I wish I could’ve been around more these last few days, been moving and my body is on fire from carrying stuff up and down stairs and packing. But this was fun! If you have more, send them the Wacky way :crazy_face::wink:.

1 Like

Well, wonderful! So glad you were able to play! I have other murder mysteries in store too that I could drop. Hopefully we can snag another player or two. If there’s anyone you know that we can rope into this craziness, we should!

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

MURDER MYSTERY…

Owl Eye’s Inn is a quaint colonial inn nestled within the tiny village of Black Creek. The village is isolated, an hour’s drive from the nearest town, and surrounded by a canopy of oak trees that block sunlight from coming in even at peak hours of the day. The occasional weary traveler uses the Inn, but few outsiders ever have reason to set foot in Black Creek.

Over the past few months, some strange happenings have been reported. Rick, the owner of Sunnydae Inn across the street, laments that screams are heard every night from within Owl Eye’s Inn as the clock strikes midnight.

Even worse, he says that every week a new guest of Room #4 disappears.

What’s happening behind the scenes at Owl Eye’s Inn? Why do new guests keep disappearing from Room #4?

1 Like

Let me know if you are interested in solving the mystery of Black Creek. I’ll see if we can rally a few players and host the mystery if we have a few gathered.

2 Likes

Oh my lord! I never got the update, the heck?! XD @BloodR0se17 here! And I’m down for another mystery!

1 Like

Count me in! I love mysteries and RPs

2 Likes

Excellent! Well, the rules are simple: ask questions to find the answer: what on earth is happening to all the guests of Room #4, who reportedly keep disappearing as the clock of Owl Eye’s Inn strikes midnight? You can ask about anything that you could observe as a detective investigating the disappearances. Oh and for this mystery, unlike the last one where there were police officers on the scene, it appears that you detectives are quite alone… good luck, and be wary of the pairs of red eyes that gaze from behind the foilage.

Fire away with questions whenever. I probably won’t be around much tomorrow, but should be able to stop by on Saturday.

2 Likes

I don’t like the sound of red eyes… I didn’t agree to be in a Scooby Doo episode! XD

…I guess we should figure out if anyone else is around first xD

2 Likes

Ooo, good opening.

And yeah, I’mma be pretty busy too, but I’m always pretty available on Sundays and Wednesdays

2 Likes

:eyes: this looks interesting

2 Likes

Join us! creepy smoke hands to lure you in

3 Likes