#ONC2023

I was hoping I’d be done with my other project by Feb 1st. I’m nearly there but not fully done. Once prompts come out, I suppose I could let them stew for a few days before I start writing anything.

So there’s a big chance I’ll be finishing up current project and brainstorming ONC at the same time for a few weeks. Not ideal. But I want to make it work.

5 Likes

I’m so excited!!!

1 Like

I had this crazy idea to let my friend decide which prompt to write

regretting it now :sweat_smile::see_no_evil:

1 Like

That’s great though! I still haven’t decided on a title, much less a cover :joy:

What time are the prompts going live at? (Like, what time zone) or do they just go live tomorrow when someone posts the chapter in the morning when they wake up?

It looks like EST.

anxiously twiddling my thumbs

3 Likes

5 hours then? :open_mouth: (I’m GMT)

I am excited too!

2 Likes

Why are you still awake?

3 Likes

Because I am a night owl. I’m not really tired, and I know that if I go to sleep before 12 am, 90% of the time, I wake up before 5 am for some weird reason. My body clock is whack.

And I am also excited about ONC. That’s also true, lol.

4 Likes

Not a heck of a lot longer to wait…yawn

2 Likes

There better be:

• A time travel AU prompt.

• A good vampire prompt.

• One about high schoolers and crime.

• A darn good romance.

So I can use up some old ideas.

4 Likes

I do t find it hard to write for most ant prompt… It’s the duration and commitment… The problem is I have a slight urge to write about 1 the 4 horsemen, as I put in the boneyard.

2 Likes

Yes, you can always merge your story idea with a prompt (the four horsemen… and prompt number) if it’s still annoying you :stuck_out_tongue: And yes, durations and commitments can be hard to fulfil at points.

1 Like

I think that was part of the issue with the 2nd one I did. Ah, well.

2 Likes

I tried like three prompts with the Raul one and that was messy xD 2 isn’t as messy.

2 Likes

Ugh. Past midnight. Still nothing.

1 Like

it surprises me :sweat_smile: I remember from past editions that, for the prompts, they always updated at midnight sharp :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Technical difficulties of the human kind.

3 Likes

Still nothing :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve changed my earlier attitude on participating: I have a story idea I very much want to write if there’s an appropriate prompt. If no prompt fits I won’t do it, but if with some contortion I can fit a prompt to my story then I know I have a winner on hand.

4 Likes