Report Site Bugs Here

No problem! Glad it’s working now.

1 Like

Also now solved for me! Thanks!

4 Likes

Great! When I updated Discourse last night, it turned on a setting for “limiting replies” in the same thread to something like “5” which obviously is ridiculous. :joy:

7 Likes

lol yikes! Probably could come in handy for some circumstances, but definitely not for a general limitation :joy:

4 Likes

EXACTLY haha :joy: kinda seems counterproductive to a forum environment. :joy:

10 Likes

Discourse strikes again, lmao

4 Likes

Recently, I’ve been seeing an annoying bug that I don’t know if it’s my old phone’s issue or a discourse issue. Here we go.

Describe the bug: When I click on notifications, I get a black screen. The only way I can see them is if I click on the logo to be taken to the main page and click my avatar from there - then all notifications are visible (though glitchy at times - missing the header).
Has it happened more than once? : Yes. 100% reproducible.
What kind of device?: iPhone 6

• Mobile/Desktop/Both: mobile only. No issues on the desktop.
  • Maker (Apple/Android/Windows/etc): apple
  • Model (Galaxy/iPhone/etc): iPhone 6
  • Operating System (if applicable)(Windows 10/OS Catalina)

What browser(s) are you using?: Chrome
Provide a screenshot (if available): I’ll get back with a screenshot

• Refreshed the forum on your device: Yes. I closed the forum page and reopened. The phone has also been restarted recently. No change.
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: No
  • Tried a different browser: No.

Can you tell me if using Safari on the iPhone does the same thing? Chrome is very resource intensive and for an older device it may be struggling, but I want to rule that out first.

Ah. I was hoping to avoid that. Safari is so limited. I despise it.
And I’m not sure if I know my password. lol
I’ll give it a try and report back.

Here’s the screenshot btw.

I’m with you lol I do too.

Please do.

I just tried it on my iPhone on Chrome and can’t reproduce, so let me know what Safari does. It looks like the background color, like the content just…stopped rendering.

Same on Safari. Black when accessed from a thread (like this one), good when on the main forum page.

Don’t get me wrong, Safari is fine on a desktop/laptop but on a phone it’s so painfully basic. Say what you want about how evil Google is, I’ve come to rely on the features their apps are loaded with.

Okay got it, when you click the menu it slides out black and doesn’t load the actual notifications list.

Let me see what I can find out - I can’t reproduce this personally but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a fix.

1 Like

Thanks.

I changed to the light theme just to rule it out. Same issue (white screen instead of black).

Okay I’ve updated the forum to see if that helps - I’ll do some research on if there’s any conflict with discourse and chrome too.

2 Likes

Okay. This is super weird. I had to log back into my account this morning due to having to clear cache/cookies yesterday on my laptop. (From the looks of this, it appears this post will need “moderator approval” as well.

I went to a thread that I created to respond to a person I am working betas with, only to be told that my response would have to be approved by a moderator before posting.

I have been a member of this forum since about January this year, and I am suddenly being handled like a brand new member.

I am working on a laptop as stated above. I am working with Firefox 90.0 install.
I have tried this on my phone and with the Chrome browser and am seeing the same results.

Please advise?

Thank you for your time

Hey Darwin,

Sorry for the trouble! We’re definitely seeing something weird going on and I’m investigating. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you for your help. If this goes through without needing approval I’d say you nipped that bug in the bud.

1 Like

Yup looks to be fixed! Thank you for your prompt attention.

1 Like

Great! We’ll keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t happen again. :slight_smile:

I would very much appreciate it! :slight_smile: