Report Site Bugs Here

• Refreshed the forum on your device: Yes No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: Yes No
  • Tried a different browser: Yes No

Not sure if this is a glitch or I did something wrong, but the yellow diamond that used to be on my profile pic is now gone. I refreshed the forum on Microsoft Edge (Chromium version), logged out and then logged in, and tried in Chrome. I’m using a Dell laptop with Windows 10.

I have a feeling it’s because I tinkered with my profile settings and changed my primary group from a number (I think it was set at 97 or 49 or something like that?) to Academy of Larksong. I tried to change the group back but I couldn’t find it under the drop-down menu, so now I have it set to “none.” I changed back my title to Community Contributor but the yellow diamond is not back.

If it’s too much, you don’t need to fix it. It’s my fault for playing around :sweat_smile: :woman_facepalming: >.<

Screenshot:

1 Like

Heh that flair comes from a group–it’s how we give the flair to certain users who have certain badges. You should be good now. We manage those groups so we have to set it as your primary lol.

2 Likes

Neat, I’ll keep that in mind :sweat_smile: thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but as now, I’m currently on the desktop, and the post composing seems kinda off? You know, when you want to reply or edit a post, you have the part where you write your post, and on the right side is the preview, right? Well, usually, both of them are balanced well, so the writing is comfortable, and the preview is accurate to the actual display of the forum. Right now, the composing section looks really weird. The part for you to write looks way too big and the preview is way too small. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but I believe this is a bug worth reporting because the writing and previewing function is so important for the forum.

Anyway, regarding the details…

• Refreshed the forum on your device: Yes

• Tried a different device to confirm the problem: Yes but to no avail, because apparently, the previewing function was never apparent on the mobile browser version to begin with.

• Tried a different browser: Yes same things happens on Microsoft Edge

• Has it happened more than once? Just happened right now

• What kind of device? Lenovo Ideapad 120S-14IAP

• Operating System: Windows 10

• What browser(s) are you using? Google Chrome

• Refreshed the forum on your device: Yes No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: Yes No
  • Tried a different browser: Yes No

Describe the bug (what happens, when it happens, what the error code is, etc):

When I click on a user’s profile name/image, it goes to pop up then vanishes away. I right-clicked and opened in new tab, it says the site’s encountered an unexpected problem (I’ll provide a screenshot.) so I can’t access any user’s profile pages.
Has it happened more than once? : Yes
What kind of device?:

• Mobile/Desktop/Both: Desktop
  • Maker (Apple/Android/Windows/etc):Windows
  • Model (Galaxy/iPhone/etc): HP (don’t have the exact models for my PC and laptop, if needed I can hunt them up)
  • Operating System (if applicable)(Windows 10)

What browser(s) are you using?: Microsoft Edge, Opera
Provide a screenshot (if available):

(I used CJ’s account as an example, thought that’d be the safest option)

4 Likes

We are aware of this issue and have been working on it. It has to do with the newest Discourse update.

2 Likes

I figured management probably knew about it, just reporting it for good measure :blush:

2 Likes

No worries! Thanks!

@SayWatt

The issue has to do with the “follow” feature. I’ve turned it off for now, the developer will probably need to update it to be in line with most recent Discourse update. Thanks for submitting the report and screenshots, it’s a lot easier to troubleshoot when I have examples lol.

3 Likes

I’m experiencing an awful bug today when using the forum on my phone.

Even right now, I can’t properly collapse this message to see your requested form.

It’s on an Android device. Using Chrome
Happens when I’m trying to reply. I can’t tap anywhere within the message or collapse it to view something else. The reply I’m typing disappears but apparently its ghost is still on the screen because when I tap on the screen (which initially seems unresponsive), if I hit the “right” spot, a menu option shows up as if my reply was still there.

I tried closing the tab and reopening it. I haven’t tried to completely close Chrome. I’ll try that next.

Update. I closed and reopened Chrome. On a first glance, it’s better. I’ll come back to update if I’m having any other issues.

Update 2. Restarting Chrome appears to have fixed this.

Am I the only one that experienced this problem?

Thank you! Also so sorry if this has been posted before or if this is a known issue and I just don’t know the fix. I tried searching but with a one year old my focus is all over the place at times.

Hi! So sorry to hear about this issue, I’ll look into it tonight and see what’s going on. Thanks for reporting it!

1 Like

Okay I think I tracked down the issue and fixed it: please try again and let me know if you see the same issue! Thanks!

1 Like

It’s working now on my phone! Thank you! I’ll have to check on my computer when I can, but I’d assume it would work there also. :slight_smile: awesome job!

1 Like

Thanks again for pointing it out, there were several pages with that problem so I appreciate you letting me know! :slight_smile:

I’ve recently noticed that the dark/light theme picker isn’t visible to me.

It’s not letting me post or like anything on my firefox browser

How did you post to this thread? I’m trying to narrow down possibilities.

1 Like

With my iphone

Okay I need you to fill out the form in the OP in its entirety so I can look into it further. I haven’t seen anyone else with the issue but I’ll see what I can find out.

1 Like