Send me...fakes | Covers & Possible Banners

Graphic type: Fake Cover

Title: Message to the Stars

Author: Leona Holland

Genre: Contemporary teen fic with sci-fi elements

Summary: Clara’s dad is an astronaut. One day her parents have a big fall out. They get divorced. Clara has a hard time fitting in at school and blames her father’s influence he has on the school. Other things come up and the town’s mayor turns everyone against her father. He is forced to leave the town.

Clara’s dad, despite initial hesitation, signs up for a one-year dangerous mission from which he might not return. He makes one last attempt to reconnect, but not even Clara forgives him. Now he’s out in space, orbiting Earth, but soon he will go off to Saturn’s moon for research.

Good riddance? Not exactly. Clara realizes she said the wrong things and wants to apologize to her father. She also realizes she and her mom needed him and so does the town. The only way to tell him is to get NASA to send him a message before he’s too far from Earth. But she has to convince the town to back her up, showing them how they changed for the better when he was around. It’s a story about realizing the importance of someone only after they have left, possibly for good.

Ideas: Melancholy with a similar hazy vibe to the “Red Succulents” cover. Clara should be looking up at the stars, but her face hidden in the dark. Or, she’s standing in the middle of a street in a small town with her face hidden from an umbrella in the rain. Colors should be dark as it is night time. The background should be purple with stars.

Inspo:
Clara inspo or any dark-haired girl looking at the sky at night:

This kind of hazy vibe, but dark.

Melancholy vibes like this cover. Grayish, dark purples. Make the cover night time.

And with some stars in the background.

Font inspo:
Like this kind of thin Sans Serif.

1 Like

I love this! I’m totally going to try it.

1 Like

Yay :grin:

Here’s the cover, please let me know what you think. :slight_smile: I had fun making this one and I feel like it came out super cute.

2 Likes

Oh wow! It’s so pretty! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love it. I wish I had the book for it.

1 Like

Thank you! It came out better than I expected. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Bump. Looking to do some covers. :blue_heart:

Would you be up for making a cover inspired by a song? My partner once gave me this challenge and it was fun :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll give you a title and author name, but you’ll have to do the rest.

1 Like

That would be fantastic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great :grin: I’ll also give you genre too so you have some kind of start.

Here’s the song

Title: Many Blue Wishes
Author Name: Melinda Ross
Genre: Teen romance

You don’t have to listen to the entire song. Inspiration for what to include in the cover should come from the melody, the lyrics, the music video (color scheme comes from the music video), and title of the song :slight_smile:

Hope you have fun!

1 Like

Took me a little while, since I wasn’t feeling the song much, but I think this fits more than I expected it to haha.

4 Likes

I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I think you did a really good job!

1 Like

If you’re interested in another one…

Title: Bad Girl Vintage
Author Name: Nicky Blake
Genre: Angsty romance, rebellious teen

Three things for inspiration: A tough girl in a leather jacket, and New York City. Bad romance.

Here is your song

I’ll be back with a non-song cover fake request :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a fake for you!

Title: Mask of the Shrinking Violet

Short blurb: A college student brings her favorite superheroine to life with the power of cosplay and dance, filling her night life with crime-fighting and action-packed adventures. A hero’s mask doesn’t just trick her enemies and admirers, however–it deceives its own wearer, as she soon learns.

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, New Adult

Ideas: I’m thinking a blue butterfly mask on the cover with violets and a pair of swords behind or around it. Could also be a shot of a girl with pale/platinum blond hair wearing the mask (with or without swords) with a night scene behind her, though feel free to get creative!

Color Scheme: Blues, purples, some yellows, silvers too. Feel free to use any combinations that come to mind!

Mood: Dramatic and mysterious

Inspo:

Boop

She keeps her hair like this when doing superhero stuff (not this exact hairstyle, but she does have a braid like it) She can have her hair down too (since idk how hard it’d be to find this hairdo)

Screenshot (1744)

Here be some cover ideas!

Couldn’t quite find inspo for a mask on its own :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can you do something with this?

1 Like

Possibly haha. I’ll have to see lmfao. Sharks are my favorite animal so why not?

1 Like

Ohhh I’m interested. It might be a minute before I have time to design but in the meantime I’ll look for inspo.

2 Likes

Is this like anything you had in mind lmfao?

3 Likes

Here’s what I came up with. Hopefully, you like it. :slight_smile: I included two different colorings on it.

3 Likes