So, tell me, what is on your mind at the moment?

My retirement home must have a gym.

Bonus motivation image…

2 Likes

While I still don’t hate tie-in editions of books, I’ve found myself disliking them more and more.

1 Like

I am NARB and I approve this message

1 Like

*Narby :flushed:

1 Like

I got a continer to hold water and coffee that’s more dope, practical and cheaper than a TikTok Stanley. Klean Kanteen really know how to do it. I got two extra lids with it. I am glad that TiKTok showed me how not to do it :joy: I was looking for something flask like for a while, and I am glad I got it.

2 Likes
Why you should put LOTR on the literary tree

LOTR has literary appraisal. It’s not ‘just a genre book’. Tolkien aimed to create a ballad and epic akin to Beowulf. I’d argue it is very much “literary” fiction. And if your notion of literary fiction are works that are pompous and didactic, LOTR is quite literally that. I mean the man was a language professor at Oxford ffs.

It’s not a stretch to compare and synthesise a contemporary work to LOTR, given it’s been done many times over — by Tolkien scholars no less. Besides, I was looking at the comparative sociological impact of Rooney and Tolkien.

Anyway I’m not denying LOTR is an important text. I do agree with his thesis that modernity has destroyed the country. But, I, with many others, fundamentally disagree with what that “country” represents — a hierarchical, anti-modern, monarchist country guided by catholic morality. The man believed that everything worthy of praise in English culture ended in 1066, and thought frickin Shakespeare was far too “modern”. Compared to his own contemporaries, Tolkien was archaic.

That’s primarily why I said LOTR isn’t that good. I think we need to stop pretending it’s some perfect revelation beyond criticism. He may be the father of fantasy — so what, and what next?

4 Likes

p.s. all of this began as a shitpost but now I guess I’m earnestly a (?)Tolkien critic lol

2 Likes

Random questions for the Dragon Ball fans among us. What would be the Saiyan equivalent of Alex Armstrong from FMA? And what would FMA or DBZ be like if Alex had both his alchemist and Saiyan abilities?

Also, one my favourite lore YouTuber suggested that Catachan in 40K is basically a planet of Saiyan.

How true is this statement?

1 Like

You have summoned the biggest Dragonball fan among us!

Despite what the Ocean Dub would tell you, Goku’s biological father, Bardock isn’t exactly a brilliant scientist.

I supose that the Saiyans would be humans who evolved in Catachan to not only thrive but utterly dominate their enviroment. Growing up in 10x Earth’s gravity and becoming a giant kong in the light of the full moon. I suppose that Saiyans would be Xeno but the Imperium might like them anyway because they’re such good soldiers.

1 Like

I like this place. Y’all don’t get obsessed over stuff like Superbowl, which is no real big deal.

3 Likes

I still like Tolkien, but its Literary Fantasy, no doubt. I feel like Im picking up a bible.

3 Likes

Bardok a scientist at all? Damn.

1 Like

At most I can see him developing weapons, but actual research in a lab? No way.

1 Like

Do you know how much those tickets cost? No one here can afford it! (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

Waste of money. I’d rather get a meal, some drinks and stay over at Belfast after a concert and go shopping the next day :smiley:

2 Likes

@J.L.O There was a superbowl ad for scientology and now I’m wondering if scientologists would worship any alien species humanity comes across.

1 Like

The alien’s mom, probably.
tumblr_mqh596sc8a1swumkto1_400

2 Likes

Scoentology is dping ads because they are dying.

2 Likes

I dreamt about aliens who communicate through eating. They have no words. Only “omnomnomnomnom”.

2 Likes

I wonder if all of the people who run the cult will make their own cults when it finally dies.

2 Likes