So, tell me, what is on your mind at the moment?

I heard that you guys like Meyers-Briggs

1 Like

I am back and feel great!

3 Likes
2 Likes

No need to thank me, obviously Dragonball is great literature.

I learned that Uppland is a real place in Sweden with an IKEA.

Was suggested to change the name to Upperland.

Sure, why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You could change it to Uppland Town.

2 Likes

I have no attachments to Uppland.

Itā€™s an entire world, so I donā€™t think so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Back in the day, Salem was split into Salem Town and Salem Village. Itā€™s possible that Uppland could be the same.

1 Like

Overland

1 Like

Overworld is too video-game like

1 Like

I start thinking of Overlord with that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™m sticking with Upperland. If this also turns out to be a real place, well, those people are gonna have to deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well we canā€™t have that!

3 Likes

I have a genuine question for anyone who sees this, because I am greatly curious.

When a patient has a seizure, are you supposed to even give that person CPR? I am talking about a nurse, in honesty. Like the nurse is supposed to lie the person suffering from a seizure on their side, right?

Wouldnā€™t CPR be for something else besides dealing with a seizure? Can anyone explain this to me because I witnessed it earlier and Iā€™m still curious about it?

2 Likes

If you save a person from drowning, you practice CPR.

Iā€™m no seizure expert but I think the idea is to not restraint the person having a seizure, but to make sure that they do not injure themselves.

2 Likes

The thing is that the person hit the floor and started to seize up and started shaking on the floor.

The person wasnā€™t moving or responding and just laid there. Before falling to the floor, the person made a loud yelp and then hit the floor.

2 Likes

3 Likes

No expert, but isnā€™t CPR for if that person looks like theyā€™re not breathing?

Okay, so I found this. And this.

Both of these say to not do CPR if someone is having a seizure.

4 Likes

bee-and-puppycat-puppycat

iā€™m sure it does count as literary fiction now, but I donā€™t think it was ever contemporary lit. i think itā€™s primary purpose is as a work of escapism, so of course the authorā€™s old man ideals are worked into the text, but not for the purpose of ā€œvoicingā€ a generation.

so yes, rooney probably has greater sociological impact in terms of modern commentary but that is the role her writing is designed to fill and it is not the role that tolkienā€™s writing is designed to fill. the commentary in lotr is secondary to the fantasy.

tbh iā€™m not a big lotr fan either and iā€™m not sure iā€™d consider tolkien the ā€˜father of fantasyā€™. i just think you have some interesting opinions on books.

3 Likes