So, tell me, what is on your mind at the moment?

Why is my story turning into fricking Scarface but for teenagers?

1 Like

I asked a bunch of people a bunch of questions.

A few things stick out in my mind:

50+ sheep

lifeguard

beloved friend

a gecko named Fred

Victoria

Goodnight.

2 Likes
  1. Trying to wrap up everyrhing.
  2. Trying to find the right high note.
  3. Saying goodbye to old friendsā€¦every ending is that dumb Niceklback song.
  4. Not enough personal energy for the whole story.
  5. Unfortunately peaking in your thoughts about the story, and not when writing it.
  6. Imposter atndrome disguised as ā€œyou cant finish thisā€.
  7. The story is not going where your heart is leadong you and you need to back upba chaoter and not force it.
  8. Youre finding things out that you need to retrofit in older chapters and youre wanting to go 1st wdit instwad of null finish.
  9. You starved your creativity. Go read something.
  10. Youre taki g long enough that you need a refresher xourse on the previous material.

Pick your poison.

1 Like
  1. Youā€™re following a traditional structure that might not have even suited your story in the first place.
1 Like

@JohnnyTuturro: How can I even write a short story when I think of complex ideas that require stretching out?

I did write and finish one short story, but that was a story that wasnā€™t all that interesting. I wrote it just to get it off my mind.

I rather not do a story like thatā€¦I guess.

Does that even make sense?

1 Like

Overthinking it again :flushed:

1 Like

No.

Like if I wanted to even consider writing something small, how can I do it when my mind expands in a wonky way?

People tell me CONSTANTLY to write short stories and stop trying to dive head first into a novel.

Maybe I am different, but I donā€™t LIKE that because I rather make things hella difficult for myself.

Even when I do write a short story, which isnā€™t often, it is purely out of luck.

I am not a short story writer. I am a glutton-for-punishment writer.

1 Like

i love th rain i love the rain

itā€™s raining :dancing_pineapple:

1 Like

Does this guy seem Renfield like to you? @Akje

1 Like

Do you mean Renfield from Dracula? If so, then yup, he seems obsessed with hamburgers the same way Renfield is obsessed with insects. ā˜œ(Ė†ā–æĖ†c)

3 Likes

If that was me, Iā€™d just break character and burst out laughing and ruin my own sketch :joy:

@Akje @NotARussianBot

2 Likes

If it easnt for burning throat, earraxhes without ainus pressure and exaustion, This eould be a weak headcold.

2 Likes

He is also weird and creepy.

1 Like

You need to go all in for an act like that

2 Likes

Very true.

2 Likes

I want to create an entire fictional world with the works WITHOUT a story tied to it.

Feeling like a creator deity right now.

EDIT: I could create a story for it, but not right now.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a video game from the '90s (Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned) that has two puzzles that received distinctly different feedback; one puzzle was widely panned, while the other one was considered a masterpiece.

1 Like

Breakfast and coffeeā€¦and Jorildyn.

The Metallica song ā€œMaster of Puppetsā€ is about drug addiction, but some of the lyrics could also be about what itā€™s like to be in a cult.

1 Like

Itā€™s the final day of moving. Last night was the last time I will ever sleep in this house. I donā€™t feel as melancholic as Iā€™d prepared for. I moved around a lot as a kid, left stuff behind before, dashed out the door with a box full of stuff and barely anything to call my own, so perhaps I am more desensitized to the loss of object materials and places. This place holds nothing more for me to experience, and at the end of the day, I am glad to be rid of it. Like a snake shedding its skin.

3 Likes