Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

So, I wrote a bit for NaNo. Probably update wordcount tomorrow.

So far so good.

I like how the birth story gently hints on things to come.

4 Likes

Ugh! I need to jot down some of the changes I want to make for Red Reign’s second draft because it is starting to eat away at me. It sucks because I am nowhere near done with the first draft, yet I keep getting these random ideas for change.

I shall continue with the first draft because things are going fine for the most part, but in the second draft, I am making changes that can tie a little bit in with the first draft.

Actually, now that I think about it. With the changes that I have in mind, it is going to be completely different than what is happening in the first draft.

So, I going to continue a mixture of jotting down notes and writing Red Reign. I’ve started chapter one of The Red Ghost and I am NOT pleased with it either. I feel like it needs more umph and is lacking to me.

I wanted to make The Red Ghost a horror science-fantasy novel, but that isn’t happening. I am not feeling the plot I gave it nor anything else. So, it is back to the drawing (planning actually) board for that novel.

Nothing else to report or say.

1 Like

I don’t see a dedicated nano thread.

Did I miss it?

2 Likes

@JohnnyTuturro

1 Like

I am done with chapter twelve with finishing at 1,368 words which is shorter than normal, but that is fine.

I didn’t get to jot down notes for the second draft of Red Reign. Yet because I am done with chapter twelve, I can start that now for a bit.

I shall start chapter thirteen later or tomorrow. The time is 6:50pm and I am thinking that starting it tomorrow sound better. Unless I change that and write an hour or two from now.

1 Like

I think the closest thing we have so far is this:

¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

I am really hesitant on writing notes by hand. Like why is that exactly? I mean I know I dread handwriting with a passion, but I can at least suck it up and put pen to paper.

Geez!

1 Like

I just had the craziest thought for my second story.
A retelling of The Wizard of OZ called The Roar of a Lionheart: Heretic Lion of Crimson

The thing with this story is that it is going to a slight isekai type Wizard of Oz retelling done my way of course. Still planning things, that is just an idea. I really want to test it out.

2 Likes

It’s okay. We’ll just spam Domi’s thread as usual. :sunglasses:
This thread is a legend of sorts at this point, the beating heart of this community.

I had a good start with nano yesterday. Not much yet today because life. But my sleepiness is gone so I might as well get up and write.

4 Likes

feeling the crap writer blues again. I’ll keep pushing a head regardless.

3 Likes

Idk why this is so shocking to me.

Go to google translate and look up “monkey” in Khmer. Sva. It’s like, what? That’s it? Language is interesting.

3 Likes

Common animals tend to be simply named. Cat, dog, cow, sheep. There’s bound to be an area of the world where monkeys nare more common than domestic species.

2 Likes

I’m imaging a Kirito clone in a blue gingham dress now.

2 Likes

Geez! LOL!

2 Likes

Fingers crossed you would feel a little better soon and know what you want to do. But from the outsider pov, looking at your summary, I would suggest ending the book 1 with the reveal of the Games, like the intrigue in book 1 gets turned on its head or something when our princess finds out that she is also a Tribute etc. in Hunger Games, the huge surprise is that Kat volounteers. If you already get a good Royal story going, the games could be a huge finale of book 1 and unfold in its entirety in book 2. You can use the fact that books only need to be 50K to build series.

2 Likes

Aww, thank you. It was important to me when I was starting on the old forums. I do more discord nowadays, but I really like having a place on the forum too.

2 Likes

After two hours, finally losing my concentration writing a scene with an old library in it. But I must get through it!

5 Likes

If comic artist is getting paid roughly $90 per page of their work, exactly how many pages are they doing?

This is a silly question, but I was curious.
I am watching an anime called Bakuman and the characters will be paid 9000 yen per page. I am wondering how many pages they draw in total.

If my math serves me, 9000yen is like roughly $90 last I remember.
I could be wrong. LOL!

If I am wrong, correct me, please.

3 Likes

Browser history? :thinking:

3 Likes

I intend to get back to writing my prequel since I’ve edited my main book the last few times. For now though, having fun trying to make a WattPad book cover for the prequel. Yay! Can’t wait for reviewers, assuming I have any, to tear it all apart. :laughing: The writing, I mean lol, not the book cover. Though who knows these days, flaming book covers might be a thing too on WP. :woman_shrugging: